By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Day 1 AAA titles you will buy in 2015 ?

JazzB1987 said:
Samus Aran said:
JazzB1987 said:

Zelda and Xenoblade. The rest would be a waste of money as day1 purchase because they drop in price within the first 3 months.

And btw to me AAA is a nonsensical term. Its not describing value or polish or quality just how much money was wasted during development.

Nintendo games don't (see my list).

before you replied I changed it to "most games" because if the exact same reason you just mentioned :)

You can resist the cuteness of Yoshi's Woolly World? Damn :D

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
JazzB1987 said:

Zelda and Xenoblade. The rest would be a waste of money as day1 purchase because they drop in price within the first 3 months.

And btw to me AAA is a nonsensical term. Its not describing value or polish or quality just how much money was wasted during development.

Nintendo games don't (see my list).

Yea they don't, but they should. It's absurd that 3d world is still 60 bucks without nary a discount anywhere. There's nothing about Nintendo games that say they can't be discounted like all other games.

fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:
fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:
What constitutes an AAA game?

My day one games:

- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Zelda: U
- Splatoon
- Xenoblade Chronicles X

Only one of those is AAA, at least maybe I'm not even sure either. Ok, there's only one that is potentially AAA.

Meh, I'm sure most will score higher than most "AAA" titles anyway. 

Yea maybe but generally Nintendo games are given a free pass. They're  not even in the same level so they're scored on a different scale.

No lol, it means Nintendo releases polished games. Something a lot of these AAA titles forget to do (see Driveclub, the Crew, Asassins Creed: Unity, Halo: MCC, CoD: AW, Battlefield 4, GTA IV on PC, etc)

The Legend of Zelda (WiiU and Majora's Mask)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Batman Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Victory
Uncharted 4 A Thieves End
Star Fox

melbye said:
The Legend of Zelda (WiiU and Majora's Mask)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Batman Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Victory
Uncharted 4 A Thieves End
Star Fox

I forgot about Majora's Mask, that's day one as well I think. Never played it. 

Around the Network

Zelda for sure. The only others will be Wii U games I'm forced to pre order because otherwise the stores probably won't get any in.

Samus Aran said:
fiercedeity said:

Yea maybe but generally Nintendo games are given a free pass. They're  not even in the same level so they're scored on a different scale.

No lol, it means Nintendo releases polished games. Something a lot of these AAA titles forget to do (see Driveclub, the Crew, Asassins Creed: Unity, Halo: MCC, CoD: AW, Battlefield 4, GTA IV on PC, etc)

Yea they release polished games, but a polished game isn't a great game. It generally means, especially with Nintendo, that they're not pushing the boundaries and trying new things and that's not to say that Nintendo games are even bug free either. They aren't.

fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:
fiercedeity said:

Yea they release polished games, but a polished game isn't a great game. It generally means, especially with Nintendo, that they're not pushing the boundaries and trying new things and that's not to say that Nintendo games are even bug free either. They aren't.

I never encountered a bug in a Nintendo game, so as far as I'm concerned they're bug free.

Well, I did exploit one bug in Metroid Prime 2, but only after looking it up lol... Have you seen Xenoblade Chronicles X? How is that not ambitious? Not trying new things? Mario Kart 8 had anti-gravity and non-Mario characters and courses, Super Mario 3D World had many new gameplay elements in nearly every level and the same goes for DKC: TF. 

How are Fifa, CoD, Assasins Creed, Madden, etc. ambitious? or new?

fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:
fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:

My day one games:

- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Splatoon
- Xenoblade Chronicles X

Only one of those is AAA, at least maybe I'm not even sure either. Ok, there's only one that is potentially AAA.

If what you want to say is something like:
Nintendo is to Super Bowl finals what most other devs are to a PE football game in a primary school.
Then I agree 100%

And NO Nintendo games should NOT drop in price. Devaluation of ones own product is the worst thing you can do.
I dont care about any game that drops in price because it has no value to me. If a dev does not think the own product has any value why should anyone pay full price for it? There is a reason why I have hundreds of games on steam. I just wait for every game to drop to 1-10 bucks then I buy it.

I have no problem if EVERY single game would start to be sold for 29.99. But I have a big problem with "losing" money just because a game is 33% off 1 week after release or 50% off 2 months after release.  Why punish me for supporting them? Playing early means nothing to me (especially in times where DLC is a thing) I am a patient person. I am still waiting for my GTA5 on PC.

JazzB1987 said:
fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:
fiercedeity said:
Samus Aran said:

My day one games:

- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Splatoon
- Xenoblade Chronicles X

If what you want to say is something like:
Nintendo is to Super Bowl finals what most other devs are to a PE football game in a primary school.
Then I agree 100%

And NO Nintendo games should NOT drop in price. Devaluation of ones own product is the worst thing you can do.
I dont care about any game that drops in price because it has no value to me. If a dev does not think the own product has any value why should anyone pay full price for it? There is a reason why I have hundreds of games on steam. I just wait for every game to drop to 1-10 bucks then I buy it.

I have no problem if EVERY single game would start to be sold for 29.99. But I have a big problem with "losing" money just because a game is 33% off 1 week after release or 50% off 2 months after release.  Why punish me for supporting them? Playing early means nothing to me (especially in times where DLC is a thing) I am a patient person. I am still waiting for my GTA5 on PC.

Switch the metaphor and you're right. Nintendo is just greedy.  also what a straw man. I'm not talking about a week or a couple of months.