By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think Sony is trying hard to announce that 20 Millions sell through at the end of the year

No specific number, Sony just wants to move as many units as possible during the best season to do so. All the console makers are doing it.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

It would be a nice milestone to use in the media but sony has been kicking ass this gen so it's not a big deal.

Why do they even need to try hard?
They can always announce selling almost 20 million.

Burek said:

Why do they even need to try hard?
They can always announce selling almost 20 million.

poor Nintendo can't even say almost when it comes to home console hardware :(

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I still don't see them winning NPD; however it would be great if they did. I think that would be a bigger deal than 20 million sold. Microsoft losing December NPD would be epic. I would love to see how the "gaming media" tries to make it sound like a positive.

Around the Network

Even if they sold 20 million as of yesterday they would still have to get it confirmed from the retailers and that takes some time.
The ideal situation for Sony would be this: Microsoft announce 10 million sold through and on week later Sony announce 20 million sold through.

Don't copy random editorials.

So if i follow the logic microsoft have done all these sale for get to 10m... personally i juste think its normal, there is alway some sale before and after Xmas.

I don't think so. They are just trying to sell as much as possible.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

riecsou said:
Captain_Tom said:
Well 20m shipped is all but guaranteed at this point. They probably just want to win December NPD to prove that November's results were that of desperation, not the start of a new trend.

Yeah the 20 million shipped is definitely guaranted. Winning December NPD is probably as much as a better news for them as the 20 million sold through.

No it isn't. MS needed to at least win a month or two, it can't be said that in its first year on the market it lost in its home region for 12 month straight.

Sony is good with just sales. If sony can close december saying internally "yh, we sold 3M consoles" while MS only managed to sell 2M, sony will be very very very very happy.

Lawlight said:
What deals do they have in Europe?

Get a ps4 if you can find one #bestDealEver