By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

TheGoldenBoy said:
Chris Hu said:

Well I'm still glad to Mavs got Rondo having a lot of first round draft picks doesn't always work out the Timberwolfs are a prime example of that.

While I do agree that having a lot of draft picks won't guarantee success, the Celtics are a much smarter franchise than the Timberwolves.

Well, they've got flexibility, they got rid of allot of contracts, and are stockpiling picks, so they can draft people, but also sign FA's, and I guess allot of the younger players like Brad Stephens, so I dunno.  Picks certainly don't mean certain success, of course, the Timberwolves aren't the Celtics either.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Chris Hu said:

Well I'm still glad to Mavs got Rondo having a lot of first round draft picks doesn't always work out the Timberwolfs are a prime example of that.

While I do agree that having a lot of draft picks won't guarantee success, the Celtics are a much smarter franchise than the Timberwolves.

Agreed, I'm thinking at least 1/3 of those picks will be involed in future deals.

Exactly. A lot of those picks will probably be used in trades to get veterans or secure more future picks.

So it looks like both LeBron James and Kevin Love could bail out on the Cavs after the season is over.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Chris Hu said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Chris Hu said:

Agreed, I'm thinking at least 1/3 of those picks will be involed in future deals.

Exactly. A lot of those picks will probably be used in trades to get veterans or secure more future picks.

But how many of those pick's are protected? thats the real question.

Almost at the halfway point of the season the Hawks are still pretty hot I'm thinking they should easily win at least 60 games.

Around the Network
FDARaptor said:

Like I said, I'm not worried about Boston. They're a smart franchise and will handle their picks just fine.

First time I saw standings since November, and damn man, Lakers are going so bad. Orlando doing horrible too as usual T_T

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
First time I saw standings since November, and damn man, Lakers are going so bad. Orlando doing horrible too as usual T_T

I just hope my Lakers keep on sucking so we get a Top 5 pick. This season is a waste anyways.

TheGoldenBoy said:
FDARaptor said:

Like I said, I'm not worried about Boston. They're a smart franchise and will handle their picks just fine.

But what can Boston do about protected pics?