By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

Heard some people asking about an NBA thread. Thought I'd give my thread a second shot. maybe I will update it. Maybe not. ehhh.

Recent news: 

• Cavs getting more comfortable, blowout Grizzlies at home
  • Anthony Davis bolsters MVP convo; dominate 38 points, 12 rbs, 3 blocks in win over OKC
  • Kevin Durant still out for OKC
  • Kobe shoots 8-30 w/9 turnovers in Lakers loss against Kings
  • Josh Smith waived by Pistons
  • Kings/Nets talking D Will trade
  • Kobe passes Jordan for 3rd on the all time scoring list

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

My fantasy team is 8-0 thanks to Anthony Davis. He is having one hell of a season. Should be MVP.

Kobe shot 8-30, but didn't Rudy Gay shoot like 11-40 in a game last season?

I'm thinking that Anthony Davis should be a serious contender for MVP as long as the Pelicans can clinch one of the eight spots in the West.

Chris Hu said:
I'm thinking that Anthony Davis should be a serious contender for MVP as long as the Pelicans can clinch one of the eight spots in the West.

He'll get consideration, but that's all he'll get. There's no chance for him to win the award unless he gets at least a Top 4 seed in the West.

I hope Davis wins the MVP, he deserves it. Unless Lebron and the Cavs storms the East late.

Don't the forget the Mamba passed Jordan in the all time scoring leaders and the Bulls posted their biggest 4th qtr scoring today against the Raps. :)

Around the Network
tiffac said:
I hope Davis wins the MVP, he deserves it. Unless Lebron and the Cavs storms the East late.

Don't the forget the Mamba passed Jordan in the all time scoring leaders and the Bulls posted their biggest 4th qtr scoring today against the Raps. :)

I disagree with Davis. While I do think he's having the most impressive statistics of the season, he is not leading his team like a true MVP.

The Pelicans need to win before AD can be mvp.

And yes i forgot about those thanks!!!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

How about the Hawks pulling off 3 upsets?

FDARaptor said:
How about the Hawks pulling off 3 upsets?

The hawks are on fire right now. Dark horse in the east for sure.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Didnt they beat Cleveland IN Cleveland?

ps3-sales! said:

I disagree with Davis. While I do think he's having the most impressive statistics of the season, he is not leading his team like a true MVP.

The Pelicans need to win before AD can be mvp.

And yes i forgot about those thanks!!!

Sadly, his teammates Evans and Holiday does not know the meaning of TEAM. There are games were Davis was perfect from the field but rarely gets the ball. You can't lead when your teammates don't pass but of course, you are correct. The team standings will dictate the MVP winner from the candidates.

Highlights for today.

Bulls over the Wiz. Watch Rose do his swag.

Cavs destroys the T'Wolves. No shocker there.

Atlanta still rolling. That intensity and defense.

Can we have Lillard as MVP candidate? He's been the Blazers hero this season. Tops OKC in OT.

And

LA on top by a big margin over GSW in the 4th without Kobe o_O