By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game Do You Find the Most Visually Appealing?

TheGoldenBoy said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Hmmm I'll just say my most recent game that I enjoyed visually and that being Child of Light

I have to agree with this as well. Child of Light looked fantastic, doesn't hurt that it was a great game as well.

Yeah I agree, Child of Light looked superb, loved the art direction on that one.

Also:

• Journey - had to restrain myself from eating my screen
  • Mirror's Edge - as someone said before, the very clear accentuated style just does it for me
  • Mafia (I & II) - the setting just gets me and the world is so beautifully realised
  • Remember Me - great vistas albeit very linear
  • Transistor - cool style, hard to describe
  • Hotline Miami - don't know why, I like looking at it
  • Enslaved - lush and vibrant
  • Heavenly Sword - loved all the mingling of asian culture that went on there
  • Brothers - now that's a fairy tale look if I ever saw one
  • Bioshock (All) - loved being in that world
  • XIII - comic style done right
  • Syndicate (Remake) - reminded me of Mirror's Edge, looked very stylish from what I remember
  • Resogun - the amount of stuff that's going on on the screen :O
  • Uncharted 2 - wished that it would never end
  • Jade Empire - again with the asian style
And for technical brilliance:
  • Crysis - 'nuff said
  • Ryse (PC) - just crazy
  • AC Unity (patched ^^) - brilliant facade, bland game
  • Beyond: Two Souls - you got THIS out of my PS3!?!
man, I could go on for hours..

Around the Network

I like games with different art styles like Minecraft, Terraria and Starbound but I also like other styles like far Cry 3 and Diablo III, photo realistic graphics can be nice but I'd still take a nice art style approach than one trying to be like real life any day.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I still can't believe how good Halo 4 looks on a 2005 console. I'm a sucker for Forerunner archetecture.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time 3D, and I've personally been impressed lately with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker...it's a step above Mario 3D World in textures and especially lighting.

Looking ahead, I find Yoshi's Woolly World and The Legend of Zelda U to be quite stunning so far. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks great as well...especially the draw distance and the overall scope/scale, but I wish they were using a bit brighter colors like the original Xenoblade Chronicles.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Emperorbach said:
nintendo games the thread

Not necessarily.. There are many non-Nintendo games, such as Okami, Trine and Rayman Legends, which are very visually appealing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
JustThatGamer said:

God of War III is still unbelievably beautiful.

Heard it was such a beast it killed a couple phat ps3s.

It killed my fat 60GB PS3 on the 2nd playthrough... :( 

At the moment i am a huge fan of the Xenoblade Chronicles/X visual appeal. I love beatiful alien worlds.

In this Gen I would have to say Sunset Overdrive

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

I've always loved the art style of the Paper Mario series, especially on TTYD.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Shovel Knight.