By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game Do You Find the Most Visually Appealing?

Twewy, mirror's edge, jet set radio and Atelier E/L.

Most games nowadays aren't colorful enough.

Around the Network

I like all art styles as long as its technically great.
An art style doesnt really impact how much I like the game visually. I like cartoony graphics like borderlands, cel shaded and comicy ones like valkyria chronicles, or dark and low colour visuals like killzone 2 and MGS4.

Cant really think of an example where an art style didnt fit a game to the extent that I actually cared. Its just something I dont consider to be on a scale.

At the end of the day, video games are interactive, so the technical style should matter more than minor things like the colour... which btw people over-exaggerate about being 'grey' or black and white.

tbh if it bothers anyone that much, just adjust your TV settings. you can make almost any 'grey' game look cartoony (almost) and vice versa.

Muramasa The Demon Blade and No no Kuni.

Bastion and Transistor have some of my favorite art direction in any game. I also enjoy the cartoony simplicity of games like Kingdom Hearts and Paper Mario that allows them to age wonderfully (Minus the derp faces in KH), of AAA recently released, I think that Sunset Overdrive takes the cake.

I'm now filled with determination.

nintendo games the thread

Around the Network

It would have to be DriveClub, maybe Infamous:SS, it's brilliant when you do the special attacks!

Before this, my preference was for the God of War PS3 games, GoW 3 and Ascension... just amazing!

I see the point of people who say they love the Nintendo games look, but this is not what I prefer.

Driveclub, because it looks realistic especially in the rain. MK 8 and WW HD due to the artstyle. Killzone and infamous ss due to graphical fidelity. Unity looks nice but I don't own it. If we count unreleased products the order 1886 because of the atmosphere

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Reminds me. I gotta buy Captain Toad. Even the trailer made me smile. Looks so charming.

Believe or not, I enjoy looking at Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, so many colors.

Rayman Legends for me is one of the best looking games ever. Love the art in it.