By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you a Nintendo poser?

Do you just come here to pose?

Yes 26 16.25%

no 74 46.25%

what't do? 28 17.50%

see results 31 19.38%

Total:159

I guess. I only buy a few games for my Wii U but I do actually play them a lot.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

What is the definition of a ''real'' Nintendo gamer?

spurgeonryan said:

I watch the Nintendo'mination thread religiously. Just to start this thread out with a factual statement.

I watch the Nintendo forums for hours a day!

I ask this question because thar is a problem on this site. Hardly any of you seem to play more than a few Nintendo games. Beyond that you all mostly do not seem to play anything much.

People get all flustered over sales and game announcements, but it does not seem like any of you buy, play or do anything much that is Nintendo related.

Is it true? Are there hardly any real Nintendo gamers on this site? Besides those who 'mesmerize' facts and watch trailers.

Well Nintendo only make a few worthwhile games each gen so that cant really be helped now can it.

ktay95 said:
spurgeonryan said:

I watch the Nintendo'mination thread religiously. Just to start this thread out with a factual statement.

I ask this question because thar is a problem on this site. Hardly any of you seem to play more than a few Nintendo games. Beyond that you all mostly do not seem to play anything much.

People get all flustered over sales and game announcements, but it does not seem like any of you buy, play or do anything much that is Nintendo related.

Is it true? Are there hardly any real Nintendo gamers on this site? Besides those who 'mesmerize' facts and watch trailers.

Well Nintendo only make a few worthwhile games each gen so that cant really be helped now can it.

hmmm? I think you are lowballing Nintendo here, the lack of third party support for their latest home consoles is one thing but the quality of the games Nintendo develop is definately top of the game. I cant come up with any other developer that comes close to Nintendo in terms of overall quality games, there are a few companies that releases overall good games but not as often as Nintendo.

As for the topic:

I would definately consider myself a big Nintendo fan, I have over 400 games for their homeconsole systems including over 250 for the NES complete in the box and among them the infamous Stadium Events, so I would say I am in the safe :P

No. I just forget to update my game purchases on your thread,lol. I'm lazy like that!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

I don't have the money or time to buy every game when it releases. I work full time, am married, and have a backlog of games the size of the development time for Duke Nukem Forever in months. I still have games I haven't played on Steam that I bought during the summer steam sale 2 years ago that I haven't had time for (AND my brother in law shared all of his hundreds of freaking Steam games with me so now I'm REALLY overwhelmed) please a decently huge amount of old DS/Wii games I never got around to playing plus Wii U games (I'm finally caught up on all my 3ds games). I am currently playing Windwaker HD (which I half own) and I literally just bought Bayonetta 2 the other day at Target (after months of deliberating whether or not I wanted to play a game that looked that dirty, but alas the story sounded interesting and the gameplay look amazing so I caved in).

guess so since I check news every day
bitch about how uk doesnt like nintendo games
etc.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

spurgeonryan said:

I'm just here for news and funny conversations once in a while. To kill time. It depends on the game as to how much time I put into it. So far in Smash I have put in 83:45 hours into Smash Wii U... Wow, that's a lot of time for me lol. Captain Toad on the other hand I have been trying to stretch out, if that makes sense, and I have only put in 1:47 hours, so not a whole lot. I don't like to burn through games too quickly lol. Hyrule Warriors I have put in 47:43 hours, but not many recently. So with that limited knowledge, you tell me what you think I am. I'm not big on the 'titles' as a gamer lol. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

The notion that you're somehow a poser if you don't play as many games as people who dedicate their life to it is ridiculous.

spurgeonryan said:
Pineapple said:

The notion that you're somehow a poser if you don't play as many games as people who dedicate their life to it is ridiculous.

Is it about just playing games?

So let me ask you this question.

What if you only bought the Wii U for Zelda, like so many actually do. Poser or not?

What if an entire Nintendo'mination thread gets 2-5 posts a day? I ask for days what people are playing.....answer? Pokemon, smash, mk8. At least until they get bored, then it is nothing.

It is a fine line, that can only be decided by ones self. If I could truly decide I would name names of who I thought were. But how can I personall judge anyone?

How is someone like that a poser? They're completely honest about what they are - someone who likes Zelda, Pokemon, Smash or Mario Kart.

There's no fine line here, you can like some Nintendo games without liking them all, and that's perfectly fine.

The logic that you either like it all - or most of it - or you're a poser, simply doesn't hold up. Life doesn't work in a "it's all or nothing" way. Billy Joel is one of my favourite musicians, but I really only like 5 or so of his songs.

Nintendo's games appeal to lots of different demographics, but all the games don't appeal to all the demographics. Hyrule Warriors appeals to a completely different group of people than Yoshi's Yarn does. It's very much possible to be in both groups (I am), but that doesn't make you any more of a real fan, and being in only one group certainly doesn't make you a poser.