By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us 2 Confirmed. Sort of.

kinisking said:
Mike_L said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Gran Turismo 7 unofficially announced 

God of War unofficially announced 

The Last of Us 2 unofficially announced 

I'm hyped and psyched :D

I wouldn't be hyped about last gen ip's like those. Mainly because we already knew they were coming so it's not really surprising 

Please stop.. I'm not pretending to be hyped to have more ammunition in some pretend war.

I'm hyped because those games have been close to my heart throughout my growing up. Gran Turismo on PS1, God of War on PS2, The Last of Us on PS3 and (now maybe soon to be a classic) Horizon on PS4.

I guess it's quite similar to a Nintendo fan being hyped for the next 3D Super Mario. You just know these titles will ooze of quality.

And regarding your "last gen ip's", GT7 will be for the real life graphics, superb car handling and updated sounds. No exhausted story there.

God of War will be for the hack and slash epicness, supreme graphics and out of this world boss fights. The rumored new protagonist will present a fresh, new story.

The Last of Us 2 will be for the 1st class storytelling, character realitionships and for everything else. I absolutely love both TLOU's sp and mp. Whether story will center around an 18 year old Ellie (I'd love this) or a new character I will suck it all up.

Guerrilla Games' Horizon is a new IP and could end up being really interesting with Fallout: New Vegas writer John Gonzalez onboard.

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:

if you know the ending of the last of us, how can you say it's complete based on what happened at the end?

...How can you say it's not? Do you seriously think that it was alluding to more to come? That's as conclusive as you can get without being clumbsy.

spemanig said:
So depressing. There's literally no integrity to creating a sequel to a plot like TLOU. That's a slap in the face to what it did as a story.

The original TLOU will not change because there is a sequel. And if a new story bothers you so much you can always not buy it/play it/care for it, simply ignore it and you will never know. But do you have the integrity to do that?

spemanig said:
thedawghousev2 said:

if you know the ending of the last of us, how can you say it's complete based on what happened at the end?

...How can you say it's not? Do you seriously think that it was alluding to more to come? That's as conclusive as you can get without being clumbsy.

SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED THE GAME AND IS READING THIS

They ended it with Joel lying about what happened with the fire flies, when Ellie finds out that what Joel said was bullshit, then she will be pissed. Then a plethora of possibilities can come from that. The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time, but what happened at the end of the game is not enough for it to end there, not even close.

Not surprising Sony is going to milk that franchise for as long as they can

Around the Network

It was always going to happen anyway. One of Sony's biggest franchises now so they will milk the game dry.

A sequel goes against what I really respected from that project but whatevs -_-

I'm kinda afraid tbh. I hope this doesn't become a lengthy series that ruins what made the original so great. That seems to be a trend in modern gaming.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Ugh, I really wanted to see a new IP :(

Skullwaker said:
I'm kinda afraid tbh. I hope this doesn't become a lengthy series that ruins what made the original so great. That seems to be a trend in modern gaming.

Agreed. Being the sequel to a good game doesn't make it automatically good. They could very well mess up. There are hight expectations and they can't just grab the original game ad copy all the good things from it. They would have to add new stuff that was either missing on the original game, or upgrade absolutely everything + some new exciting and unexpected features.

In short, the only way to surpass the original one is trying out new approaches on the gameplay, and that can go either way.