By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think France and Canada is the best place to be a Nintendo fan...

Not really. Only Japan is good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Isn't Canada just some place South Park made up?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Our game prices got jacked up here so it kind of sucks to be any type of gamer.

RolStoppable said:
I disagree. A lot of French people live there.

Could be worst. Like Nederlands. 

Actually, having spent years in the UK, UK is the best place videogame wise than I know. Games are dirt cheap, available, and second hand market is healthy. Alson the second hand market, to me in UK, was very competitive, between local markets and local videogames stores.

Here in France, retail games are overpriced, there's no price fighting between game retailer since Micromania is the most advertised and has a monopolistic situation. The second hand market is in the hands of the gaming stores, and the price of second hand is very high too. I have nothing to back up my claim though ^^.Even on Steam I reckon games are 30% more expensive than when I was in the UK.

Nintendo had always a very strong presence, I put it on the fact that our generation had been japan friendly, and Ninty was a very strong representant in the 80s and 90s. Add it to the mix that our country is the second manga market after Japan, and it's not only a trend of mid thirty random guys like me, but even in the younger generation.
Playstation had a big impact obviously, because of the gap Ninty left.

Around the Network

I can't vouch for France but here in Canada I've never had anyone bug me about owning a Wii U, except for the internet of course.  Only real problem here is the  higher price on games and since a lot of big releases are coming in 2015, it's going to be a pain scraping all of that spare cash together.

I'm not joking or being ironic when I say this: I'm black and I own a Wii U. I've had more ignorant and, frankly, insulting things said to me for owning a Wii U than I have for being black. And this is in real life, not on the web.

That's why France isn't a real country =p

In Belgium only toy's stores still have wii U games on their shelves.

spemanig said:
I'm not joking or being ironic when I say this: I'm black and I own a Wii U. I've had more ignorant and, frankly, insulting things said to me for owning a Wii U than I have for being black. And this is in real life, not on the web.

Not sure about US but here racial slurs, insults about religion, sexual preferences and even obesity are illegal.

So the only thing we can still insult people on is their console choice lulz

Well here where PS4 sells king (US) its still hard to convince people that its a good system. Then again I mostly talk to PC fanboys.