By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's retail games are on fire!

LudicrousSpeed said:

Attach rates only go up as the number of consoles sold get higher.....

Actually it's the opposite of that! Higher the install base gets harder to keep/increase the attach rate.

The reason?

Not everybody are like us and buy different types of games.A lot of people only plays the COD/FIFA/GTA kind of game and thus their attach rate is not as big as ,let say,you and me.So when this people starts to buy PS4/Xone/WiiU the attach rate decreases cause they don't buy as much games as us.

That's one of the reasons why consoles with a smaller install base tend to have bigger attach rates.

Around the Network
thedawghousev2 said:

how about a new ip like watch dogs selling 3.5 million and on it's way to 5 million? what about a new ip like destiny selling 4 million? what about gta, far cry, fifa, dragon age, the evil within, shadow of mordor, and nba doubling or even in some cases tripling or quadrupling the xbox one's sales when the ps4 isn't doubling or tripling the xbox one's total world wide hardware sales, according to vgchartz of course. is any of that impressive to you?

Edit: this is directed to generic-user-1

im not impressed if a game  that is as heavy marketed  as watchdogs, destiny or titanfall sales well.

like i said before, some games like shadow of mordor impress me, but not the ps4 sw performance.

it would be odd if sw perform much worse than hw.  but thats not the case, the ps4 sales normal amounts of sw.

Yawn.....

Sony PS4 user - good stats, impressive, come on Sony.
Microsoft XBOX user - not impressed at all, rather disappointing considering their console sales, the world is green.

Glad to see Second Son crossed the 2m threshold.

Surely minecraft has done more than 0.84 at retail?

Around the Network

It could also get its first 5M seller before year's end.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Those are some really impressive numbers. I will hopefully be attributing to these numbers by Christmas XP

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

yes

we already know, that ps4 Software is way overtracked here

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=195179&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193930&page=1

edit: fist week cod ps4 attachrate

global: 20,19%
us: 17,37%
eu: 20,73%
row: 31,18%
japan: 0%

usa fist week sales 874k
row fist week sales 750k

usa installbase 5030k
row installbase 2405k

half the installbase, but nearly the same fist week sales on the USA shooter franchise
this kind on thread are totally worthless, when ps4 software is heavily overtracked

generic-user-1 said:

i wouldnt call it support... there would be just no multiplat games without the ps4^^.(and no ps4 without multiplat games).

its like saying the car industrie gets great support from the gasstations...

What you call it is besides the point, content makers support it with games and gamers buy it, that's called support. Sony earns money from this and third parties as well. Your downplaying is way too obvious.

bubblegamer said:
generic-user-1 said:

i wouldnt call it support... there would be just no multiplat games without the ps4^^.(and no ps4 without multiplat games).

its like saying the car industrie gets great support from the gasstations...

What you call it is besides the point, content makers support it with games and gamers buy it, that's called support. Sony earns money from this and third parties as well. Your downplaying is way too obvious.

is my english so bad again? downplaying? i said tat 3rd partys and sony cant life without eachother, thats the opposite of downplaying...