By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So much for hoping sonic boom will flop

Whats sad is that anybody is considering what its selling to be better than disgracefully bad. THIS IS SONIC!!! This aint some niche JRPG nobody has ever heard of, its one of gamings biggest mascots and this is all he is capable of now =(

Around the Network

I am one of those 100k that have bought it lol. Whilst it isn't the best of games, it certainly isn't as bad as the sheep are making it out to be, in fact you even have to purposely activate a lot of the glitches. The game was rushed and shouldn't have been released until ready, but hand on heart it is not as bad as that piece of shit sonic 06. Boom is exactly what it is, a game based on a Saturday morning cartoon. I would like to see it patched though.

I hear the cartoon show is pretty popular so I can understand kids wanting the game for Christmas.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The 3 Sonic games that Nintendo got exclusively are very close to a million sold combined, in the end that number may get close to 1.5m The games don't strike me as high budget ( although lost world is excellent), maybe the deal wasn't so bad financially?

Well, it does have a cartoon tie in helping. Its a children's game. Its not a great sucess for adults, but from the demo i played, its not as terrible as we make it sound. Its just boring and repetitive. But, children eat that up.

Around the Network

i like this way more than lost world. its glitchy, but it's a welcome change to the game design of past sonics. If they took an additional year and made 3 changes this might've been the best sonic game ever made.

Every copy of Sonic Boom sold is a tragedy.

The tragedy is that if they'd just taken a few more months to polish the framerate, collision detection, graphics, and stability, it could have been a fun game.

How Could Sonic go so low ?

I hope it does not end up outselling Bayo 2, that would be a travesty