By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lets call a spade a spade of PS4 in North America

Went to the shops a couple days ago, and there were plenty of all consoles. The only thing I couldn't find was an freaking Amiibo. You are right though I did see plenty of PS4s at all the stores I went to.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Well isn't this a good thing then? Seeing as last year they were not able to meet demand by not having enough stock. So them producing enough consoles is a good sign then. When I worked in retail being sold out was never a good thing. But having enough stock to meet demand was always much better.

An absolutely great point.  

I for one am TIRED of the "Bla bla we didn't track (insert market here) properly so we lost (insert made up figure pulled out of someone's butt here) potential sales of (insert console that generally WAS available if you took more than 5 minutes searching just your favorite site for stock here)"

I think it needs to be said to some people but GET THE HELL OFF YOUR ASSES AND WALK INTO SOME STORES AND YOU WILL PROBABLY FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.  The Online seller only thing is disturbing to hopefully more than me....

(insert Bruce Willis Surrogates movie where everyone only stays home and gets fat while using avatars to leave their houses here)

Preaching to the wrong crowd, bro lol. NYC stores sell out of PS4 pretty quickly, but, like you said, a quick trip to the outer boroughs will find you consoles.

Conegamer said:
There's not loads of stock here in the UK, but it's not sold out either.

Stock can be moved around, it's no biggie.

I live in uk ps4 is available everywhere  u can buy ps4 as many as u want 

I don't get why they would overship the U.S. and undership Europe. Europe is PS4's biggest market, when is Sony going to learn that. But maybe because they already have that on lock down they ship more to the U.S.

Europe is gonna need them because in Europe is X1 the console with that problem unlike PS4 that here sells like hot cakes.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:

Im just curious as to how its Sony's fault? The theaters refused to show the movie. So they can release it to half the theaters and lose half the potential sales. Or they can wait a little bit till these theaters get their shit together. They are trying to make money not send something out there to cost them on top of whatever this email shit is going to do. They also stated they were considering releasing it on directTV and other services which is what it is. 

Fact is the whole industry stood by while all this was going down. No other studios said anything. The motion picture association said nothing. The theaters bailed. So whats Sony to do...

I didn't say it was their fault.  I said the IMAGE that people were getting was that this was Sony's fault.  The theatre chains are the ones who are behind this and you sort of see their point when you picture a couple hundred people getting loaded full of nails and screws from some ISIS scumbag who can't afford a plane ticket to Jordan.

Sony however could have made this better by throwing the middle finger and releasing it.   Them trying to profit from this at this point feels morbid to me.  As in everyone and their dog is going to want to watch "the movie that (apparently) made Sony cave after they got hacked".   

The way I see it they have 2 choices and still come out looking good...

1.  stream it to everywhere.  For free.   With a "feck you North Korea blurb in the credits".  (They do this and i'm buying Sony stock tomorrow.  And maybe one of those $500 Sony dogs that does almost nothing.  And maybe upgrade my 60" Samsung 4K for a 78" Sony 4K.)

2. can it forever and make sure it NEVER gets out.  let the whole thing mosey off into the sunset (and try to forget that one of Sony's main system administrators has the same password on like 11ty million servers.)

Movies get delayed all the time. Gi joe retaliation was the last one that comes to mind. Plenty more out there that dont release when first stated because of worry of backlash from movie goers. Fact is people arnt going to forget about the interview so they need to wait until the theaters sack up then release it and get as much money as possible. Releasing it for free because fuck you north korea isnt going to help with the 50-60 mill it has cost to make. I dont even think putting it on directTV and video streamimg services would make all of its money back.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

I would say from your anedotical answers from the manager, most of those stores expect to sale all the PS4 at no later than Xmas day or new years... so I think this will end up turning well for Sony, I believe they done a better read of the demand on all territories, even on the challenged European markets... they said you will find the console, but they will need to supply continually on those places, so probably they stuffed all the consoles for december a little before necessary so they can focus on europe.

On the movie... would be funny if the theathers and neighbourhood watch patrols united to protect each room from the attacks and shoot on the spot. Obozo would stop spouting their silliness.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Psyberius said:
Munkeh111 said:
Given they say they're a bit low in Europe, they can just shift some production there

Alternatively, they could be a bit more aggressive and throw a few games in

They cancelled the Interview about 2 days ago, let's see what their next steps are

CNN has an interview with the head of Sony USA saying they had zero to do with the pulling of the movie but still, you have to wonder what their deal is.(public opinion squarely puts the blame on Sony no matter what they say)

With the negative press versus positive press, you would think that streaming the sucker FREE out to every single person who has the bandwidth to download it would have been the ultimate "middle finger" to the hackers.   If they can't get the wimpy theatre chains to play it, then stream it for free...

Trying to pull some sort of profit from what is now a real detriment to their company seems to me to be a bad move.

That's because they did have zero to with it.  When 90% of the theatres out there cancel your movie you don't release it to die.

Captain_Tom said:

That's because they did have zero to with it.  When 90% of the theatres out there cancel your movie you don't release it to die.

Sorry my point was meant to underscore that.  

My question is why they're trying to pull profit out of it at this point.  The absolute best message they could send out for themselves as well as other American companies is that "even though you mess with us, you cannot win."  

Giving the movie out for free would send a heck of a message.  The fact is that the cost of making that movie is but a drop in the bucket of what this whole debacle cost Sony.  Image wise, throwing it out there to make sure that every household in the entire world could see it would put an exclamation point on a statement of not allowing themselves to beat.

In any case, with that in mind, the fact they're not trying to send a "feck you" message makes me wonder if they truly are scared like the theatres are.  The only other thought is that they're going to try to take advantage of the hype around "the movie that North Korea didn't want you to see."  That would make me ill and consider boycotting Sony products for like...forever.

I can't see any other reason.   The movie now is going to be the same one it is in 6 months unless they do something worse...capitulate and censor out the Kim Jong parts.  It's NEVER going to be something North Korea wants the world to see so why wait unless you're hoping to make a best seller out of it?   Why woukd movie theatres play it in 6 months when they're afraid to play it now?   The same bomb threats will be there then...in fact any potential bombers will be even more prepared to act on the threats.

Release it.  I'm not going to watch it because it's not my kind of movie but this is something the world needs to see.  That terror cannot beat you.

Psyberius said:
Captain_Tom said:

Sorry my point was meant to underscore that.  

My question is why they're trying to pull profit out of it at this point.  The absolute best message they could send out for themselves as well as other American companies is that "even though you mess with us, you cannot win."  

Giving the movie out for free would send a heck of a message.  The fact is that the cost of making that movie is but a drop in the bucket of what this whole debacle cost Sony.  Image wise, throwing it out there to make sure that every household in the entire world could see it would put an exclamation point on a statement of not allowing themselves to beat.

In any case, with that in mind, the fact they're not trying to send a "feck you" message makes me wonder if they truly are scared like the theatres are.  The only other thought is that they're going to try to take advantage of the hype around "the movie that North Korea didn't want you to see."  That would make me ill and consider boycotting Sony products for like...forever.

I can't see any other reason.   The movie now is going to be the same one it is in 6 months unless they do something worse...capitulate and censor out the Kim Jong parts.  It's NEVER going to be something North Korea wants the world to see so why wait unless you're hoping to make a best seller out of it?   Why woukd movie theatres play it in 6 months when they're afraid to play it now?   The same bomb threats will be there then...in fact any potential bombers will be even more prepared to act on the threats.

Release it.  I'm not going to watch it because it's not my kind of movie but this is something the world needs to see.  That terror cannot beat you.

It's a lot easier for you to say that when you didn't spend $100,000,000 on it lol