By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lets call a spade a spade of PS4 in North America

Insidb said:

Gotta read some other threads to catch up to the rest of us: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194605&page=1#

Ohhhh awesome.  I hadn't seen that link.

It looks like everything for all companies is in stock now so there shouldn't be any excuses from any of them as to why they didn't make certain numbers.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:
Insidb said:

Gotta read some other threads to catch up to the rest of us: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194605&page=1#

Ohhhh awesome.  I hadn't seen that link.

It looks like everything for all companies is in stock now so there shouldn't be any excuses from any of them as to why they didn't make certain numbers.

X1 and PS4 have been and are crushing it; my guess is that other retailers will miic their offers to compete and clear stock.

Don't start reselling just yet lol.

Well isn't this a good thing then? Seeing as last year they were not able to meet demand by not having enough stock. So them producing enough consoles is a good sign then. When I worked in retail being sold out was never a good thing. But having enough stock to meet demand was always much better.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Well isn't this a good thing then? Seeing as last year they were not able to meet demand by not having enough stock. So them producing enough consoles is a good sign then. When I worked in retail being sold out was never a good thing. But having enough stock to meet demand was always much better.

An absolutely great point.  

I for one am TIRED of the "Bla bla we didn't track (insert market here) properly so we lost (insert made up figure pulled out of someone's butt here) potential sales of (insert console that generally WAS available if you took more than 5 minutes searching just your favorite site for stock here)"

I think it needs to be said to some people but GET THE HELL OFF YOUR ASSES AND WALK INTO SOME STORES AND YOU WILL PROBABLY FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.  The Online seller only thing is disturbing to hopefully more than me....

(insert Bruce Willis Surrogates movie where everyone only stays home and gets fat while using avatars to leave their houses here)

Psyberius said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

An absolutely great point.  

I for one am TIRED of the "Bla bla we didn't track properly so we lost potential sales of "

Thanks! And yeah that is hilarious lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

They are stocked up for the last ditch late xmas rush, what ever is left they will have no issues selling later. Retailers trust PS4 to sale well into 2015 thus no issues with stuffing them full of stock. Same cant be said for the other two consoles.

Even if there is plenty left, new shipments will head to Europe and elsewhere.

Mikmster said:
They are stocked up for the last ditch late xmas rush, what ever is left they will have no issues selling later. Retailers trust PS4 to sale well into 2015 thus no issues with stuffing them full of stock. Same cant be said for the other two consoles.

Even if there is plenty left, new shipments will head to Europe and elsewhere.

Umm.  Retailers don't like shelves of 50-100 of $500 items(that they often have to dust) when they can order new stock and get within 1-2 weeks.  That sort of thing often results in having to do super less-than-cost discounts when new versions of those items come out that people find more desirable.

Trust me on that.

I guess that's why Sony is expecting shortages in Europe.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
Last year they had real problems with shortages in December, so this is they are doing right to ship as many as they can to retailers. Gotta sell this babies.

Last year it was a brand new product.  This year it is not. :)

Funny I noticed this today too. There was like a wall of PS4s at my local store, looks like an awful lot of unsold inventory going into the final few Christmas shopping dates.