By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Missteps In North America

Emperorbach said:

Not enough GTA V / TLOU Bundle: This bundle was extremely popular : 340k !!!!!! in less than 4 days , it ran out of stock pretty quick , somy should have provided more to the market

LBP lack of bundling and bad timing release : IMO after seeing the sales , I admit LBP didn't sell well , it should have been delayed a month or 2 , for Sumo to iron out the bugs , maybe add an 1 or 2 to the story mode , and better marketeD , LBP was pretty much sent out to die in this holiday period

They can't afford a price cut as they need to make profit unlike MS

They could have affored one long ago, said so them selves when they told everyone they already cut hardware costs.  Sony is not run by fanboys, its a business.  MS is no threat to them so they will rake in as much $ as possible and will cut price when they deem neccesary not when kids on forums wish they wouldto full fill their console wars wishes.  

Bundles were limited casue its a waste to them, sinmple as that.  Ps4 is selling either way.  Why piss away money ?  MS has now conditioned people to expect bundles freebies and giveaways just to sale, Sony wants to avoid that.  

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
outlawauron said:
Samus Aran said:
outlawauron said:

What a terribel comparison. Both Bayonetta 1 and 2 were financial failures. The pure numbers sold aren't as important. But I do hope you continue in af ew months when LBP3 is still chugging along well past 1 million.

Because you know how much it cost to make Bayonetta 2?

LBP3 is a major fail compared to the sales of its predecessors. 

We know Bayonetta 1 was a financial failure. We know Bayonetta 2 cost more than Bayonetta. Phew, that was some investigation.

And LBP has never done huge numbers FW. It just consistently sells for years. LBP1 and 2's FW are not far ahead of LBP3's FW. As for its third week, it's way ahead of LBP1 and only 80k behind LBP2. Hardly a major fail.

Where are your sources? The game looks extremely cheap to me. Can't have costed much. Nintendo never spends huge budgets on games. 

I doubt LBP3 will ever reach even half the sales of the first LBP. The game also had very disappointing reviews, that will impact sales. 

Bayonetta wasnt cheap.

*If it was cheap, SEGA would have easily financed a sequel

* Nintendo was in need of a mature title so they funded the sequel to the game, not only that but they made it exclusive to the platform. Financing and keeping the IP exclusive isnt cheap.

* LBP3 is at about 500k sold in its 1st month, i dont know how that doesnt look good. Its not like LBP budget is similar to Destiny or GTAV

Mikmster said:

They could have affored one long ago, said so them selves when they told everyone they already cut hardware costs.  Sony is not run by fanboys, its a business.  MS is no threat to them so they will rake in as much $ as possible and will cut price when they deem neccesary not when kids on forums wish they wouldto full fill their console wars wishes.  

Bundles were limited casue its a waste to them, sinmple as that.  Ps4 is selling either way.  Why piss away money ?  MS has now conditioned people to expect bundles freebies and giveaways just to sale, Sony wants to avoid that.  

I agree with you for the most part but the bundle helps move consoles and will pay off in the end either way, I do think the GTAV bundle should have stuck around.

rolltide101x said:
Mikmster said:

I agree with you for the most part but the bundle helps move consoles and will pay off in the end either way, I do think the GTAV bundle should have stuck around.

Its helps but is the help worth it really ? given how well the regular 399 PS4 has sold.  Why give away stuff to sale extra 10% 

Mikmster said:
Emperorbach said:

Not enough GTA V / TLOU Bundle: This bundle was extremely popular : 340k !!!!!! in less than 4 days , it ran out of stock pretty quick , somy should have provided more to the market

LBP lack of bundling and bad timing release : IMO after seeing the sales , I admit LBP didn't sell well , it should have been delayed a month or 2 , for Sumo to iron out the bugs , maybe add an 1 or 2 to the story mode , and better marketeD , LBP was pretty much sent out to die in this holiday period

They can't afford a price cut as they need to make profit unlike MS

Agreed. Sony is still outselling the One worldwide, with the One being $50-$70 cheaper most places. No need for them to get worried yet, or start selling the PS4 at a loss.

Around the Network
shogunknight said:
Samus Aran said:
outlawauron said:
Samus Aran said:
outlawauron said:

What a terribel comparison. Both Bayonetta 1 and 2 were financial failures. The pure numbers sold aren't as important. But I do hope you continue in af ew months when LBP3 is still chugging along well past 1 million.

Because you know how much it cost to make Bayonetta 2?

LBP3 is a major fail compared to the sales of its predecessors. 

We know Bayonetta 1 was a financial failure. We know Bayonetta 2 cost more than Bayonetta. Phew, that was some investigation.

And LBP has never done huge numbers FW. It just consistently sells for years. LBP1 and 2's FW are not far ahead of LBP3's FW. As for its third week, it's way ahead of LBP1 and only 80k behind LBP2. Hardly a major fail.

Where are your sources? The game looks extremely cheap to me. Can't have costed much. Nintendo never spends huge budgets on games. 

I doubt LBP3 will ever reach even half the sales of the first LBP. The game also had very disappointing reviews, that will impact sales. 

Bayonetta wasnt cheap.

* Nintendo was in need of a mature title so they funded the sequel to the game, not only that but they made it exclusive to the platform. Financing and keeping the IP exclusive isnt cheap.

* LBP3 is at about 500k sold in its 1st month, i dont know how that doesnt look good. Its not like LBP budget is similar to Destiny or GTAV

You're talking about the company that financed Sonic Boom. Sega know nothing of business or developing good games. Use a better example. 

This game was definitely cheap. Short campaign, poor graphics and have you even seen the cutscenes? It screams budget title to me. 

shogunknight said:

It is probably close to making a profit already.

Samus Aran said:
shogunknight said:

Bayonetta wasnt cheap.

You're talking about the company that financed Sonic Boom. Sega know nothing of business or developing good games. Use a better example. 

This game was definitely cheap. Short campaign, poor graphics and have you even seen the cutscenes? It screams budget title to me. 

And yet you say almost 700k for a game like LBP3 in 3 weeks is a huge flop? What the fuck

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
shogunknight said:

Bayonetta wasnt cheap.

And yet you say almost 700k for a game like LBP3 in 3 weeks is a huge flop? What the fuck

Your numbers increase with every post lol? 

Samus Aran said:
Ninsect said:
Samus Aran said:
shogunknight said:

Bayonetta wasnt cheap.

Your numbers increase with every post lol? 

Wel why dont you post some numbers and quit the i think it so it must be true routine.