By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why x1 will not win US even at 329$ CROW THREAD

yvanjean said:
IF X1 maintain the price difference on the more expensive to produce PS4 they can win the US.

OP does not mention the two major change that Microsoft has done to compete against PS4:

1st: They removed the Kinect from the bundles.

2nd: X1 was selling for more then PS4 up to June 2014. Microsoft can maintain this price difference since the Xbox One cost less then PS4 to Manufacturer due to cheaper components.

For the 2nd point yes they were selling for more than the PS4 up until June 2014 but even selling at the same price in June 2014 through Oct was not good enough. And it is not really the $350 price point that has caused this spike it is the bundles and deals that caused it to rise. The Holiday deaals MS have been giving were nothing short of INCREDIBLE for a 1yr old console. The $350 stand alone XB1 is still lower than everything the PS4 has to offer at a higher price. So they would have to maintain this price point AND the bundles to stay this competitive from what it seems. Now if they will do that...we won't know until Jan.

I am one of the people more interested in seeing what the XB1 does in comparisson to teh PS4 AFTER the holidays are over and the holiday bundles are gone. So I am more interested in Feb/Mar.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@Machiavellian
so the people have been responding in the exact same incorrect pattern for 5 years?
Infidelity has been doing this for a while now.

The data about ps3 and ps4 being older demographic is supported by Nielsen which is a service which tracks what you do on your tv.

Dont go about condemning data we have. Otherwise you cant really argue anything. When the numbers prove me right, it doesn't necessarily mean the data was right, but it will mean I used the data to correctly predict it.

The key is not the question but the type of questions and how they are asked.  If they only asked a limited amount of questions and only seek one answer than you do not have a complete scope for you stats.  

If nelson would to check what I do on my PS3 it would look like I only watch netflix and only select the kids section because my son and daughter is always watching netflix.  That stat would not be good or acurate as to the purpose of the PS3 in my household.

Without having a very clear and percise way of know exactly how the questions are asked, who was asked and how the research was conducted, drawing conclusions on such limited data would not make you a good researcher.  Most researchers compile data from multiple sources not just one.  If you really want to make your data at least appear more accurate you would need to gather way more sources then just one.

theprof00 said:
kitler53 said:
that OP looked like a lot of effort to read. i think i'll just wait for january npd and apply hindsight.

So many people say things like 'with x1 new price, things are going to change', so I made this thread showing how they will not. And then when I'm proven correct, I will appear smarter and more desirable to the females, and they will let me fertilize their egg pouches.

Most of your data includes a time where PS4 was cheaper and much more attractive then X1. It's foolish to compare that period to the current situation. 

Even when they drop the Kinect, X1 only reach price parity with PS4. This holiday season is the first time that X1 is cheaper then PS4. 

Q1-Q2 - X1 is more Expensive then PS4 - PS4 sold 1,595,000 vs X1 sold 1,007,000 - Gap 588,000 or  294,000 per quarter
Q3 - X1 Price parity with PS4 -  PS4 sold 928,662 vs X1 sold 574,934 - Gap 353,728
Q4 (so far) X1 cheaper then PS4 - X1 sold 1,742,469 vs PS4 sold 1,363,206 .... gap of 379,263 for X1

Biggest game on console is still call of duty in North America.

Call of duty: Ghost on PS4 sold 1.46 million vs X1 sold 1.53 in NA.

This year Call of duty: Advance warfare on X1 sold 1.78 vs PS4 sold 1.47.

The North American market will be very close for these two consoles. But, the trend has started and X1 has shown the potential to take over this market.

yvanjean said:

The North American market will be very close for these two consoles. But, the trend has started and X1 has shown the potential to take over this market.

no its not its gta

look at its sales its not even a comparison on who is taking over

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
yvanjean said:

no its not its gta

True... But the Call of Duty franchise itself will generate more overall sells since it's an annual release.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

cpg716 said:
Two factors that might change this....

1.) With more children getting the Xbox One this holiday, they will talk about it with their friends more. This could build it more with the younger generation. PS4 seems to skew older as it is..

2.) The PS4 sold SOOO well in its first year.. that sales might slow down heavily going into next year.. The Xbox One will likely stay at $349.. that price point might continue to help boost sales now.. where people were waiting to buy before..

Nope. It still leaves children having to wait til they save up or get one as a gift after word of mouth and thats even saying they asked for a X1 for christmas instead of their parents going out buying them an X1 because it was cheaper yet they asked for a PS4. The PS4 sold so well because it is the better console. It took a price reduction, loads of free games, more advertisement and a remastered Halo games to move those consoles on Black Friday. I mean I've always been Sony and Nintendo. Never seen or had a reason to buy Xbox but even I was temped by that price drop and free games and if MS brought it to Europe I would have bought one too.

BHR-3 said:
yvanjean said:

no its not its gta

GTA not a yearly release and GTA V on current console is a re-release and PS4 has it bundle. I'm not sure if bundle count toward total or are excluded either way. Beside Holiday 2014 there was no big release holiday release on PS4, Halo MCC sold over 830k copies and 300k for sunset overdrive.

Machiavellian said:
theprof00 said:
@Machiavellian
so the people have been responding in the exact same incorrect pattern for 5 years?
Infidelity has been doing this for a while now.

The data about ps3 and ps4 being older demographic is supported by Nielsen which is a service which tracks what you do on your tv.

Dont go about condemning data we have. Otherwise you cant really argue anything. When the numbers prove me right, it doesn't necessarily mean the data was right, but it will mean I used the data to correctly predict it.

The key is not the question but the type of questions and how they are asked.  If they only asked a limited amount of questions and only seek one answer than you do not have a complete scope for you stats.  

If nelson would to check what I do on my PS3 it would look like I only watch netflix and only select the kids section because my son and daughter is always watching netflix.  That stat would not be good or acurate as to the purpose of the PS3 in my household.

Without having a very clear and percise way of know exactly how the questions are asked, who was asked and how the research was conducted, drawing conclusions on such limited data would not make you a good researcher.  Most researchers compile data from multiple sources not just one.  If you really want to make your data at least appear more accurate you would need to gather way more sources then just one.

1. You'd have a point if this was only 1 year, but it's been consistent throughout the past generation as well. If the questions and how they're asked were the problem, you'd expect a more randomized result. Unfortunately for your point, they've been consistent.

2. Nielson does not work that way. It asks what you are using the console for.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/14/ps3-used-for-streaming-media-more-than-gaming-nielsen-study/

You can easily draw conclusions if you know what you're talking about.

gerryd2704 said:
cpg716 said:
Two factors that might change this....

1.) With more children getting the Xbox One this holiday, they will talk about it with their friends more. This could build it more with the younger generation. PS4 seems to skew older as it is..

2.) The PS4 sold SOOO well in its first year.. that sales might slow down heavily going into next year.. The Xbox One will likely stay at $349.. that price point might continue to help boost sales now.. where people were waiting to buy before..

Nope. It still leaves children having to wait til they save up or get one as a gift after word of mouth and thats even saying they asked for a X1 for christmas instead of their parents going out buying them an X1 because it was cheaper yet they asked for a PS4. The PS4 sold so well because it is the better console. It took a price reduction, loads of free games, more advertisement and a remastered Halo games to move those consoles on Black Friday. I mean I've always been Sony and Nintendo. Never seen or had a reason to buy Xbox but even I was temped by that price drop and free games and if MS brought it to Europe I would have bought one too.

No, it was cheaper.  That's it.  The masses will always gear to the cheaper product.  To further prove the point look how well the Xbox is selling now since it dropped price.