By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo...Kind of sucks

mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

I'd gladly pay for online if I got as many free games as PS owners get. There's a reason why Sony is number one and Nintendo dead last. Most of Sony's first party games are polished as well. So what's your point? 

Yes, I think probably at least 85% of those 16 million PS4 owners only chose to get a PS4 because they thought the PS Plus (a paid service) was better than the Club Nintendo (a free one). Erm, not.

It's one of the reasons, trust me. Never claimed it to be the only one or the biggest one. Prices of their games never dropping is another one. Shitty marketing in general is a big one as well. Stores here in Belgium have a warning sign that says 'Wii U games do not work on Wii consoles". It's sad. 

Around the Network
alternine said:

Ive been hearing a lot from angry and disgruntled Nintendo fans that the Club Nintendo subscription is weak.

At least compared to the competition. I'm gonna take a quote from a game near and dear to my heart on this situation.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for".

What can Nintendo do to improve the service?

There is no competition. It's not a subscription service. You buy a game digital or physical and get points. use those points for a free download game or poster.

Just getting free stuff. You don't subscribe to it.

pokoko said:
I could be wrong, but aren't the rewards like Happy Meal toys and stuff mainly for kids?

I personally got two 3DS game cases, a gold Nunchuck, a Majora's Mask soundtrack, Dr. Luigi, some posters, and some isht I can't remember.  It's not bad.  It's not what ot used to be, though.

mZuzek said:
Samus Aran said:

It's one of the reasons, trust me. Never claimed it to be the only one or the biggest one. Prices of their games never dropping is another one. Shitty marketing in general is a big one as well. Stores here in Belgium need a warning sign that says 'Wii U games do not work on Wii consoles". It's sad. 

I think PS Plus vs. Club Nintendo is as tiny a reason as one can possibly point at. The pricing of games is a more relevant one, though I still think it doesn't play a big part on sales to be honest. Marketing is obviously by very far the biggest reason why they're struggling.

Lowering prices of games, giving away free games in specific deals, etc are all part of marketing. 

Samus Aran 

I'd gladly pay for online if I got as many free games as PS owners get. There's a reason why Sony is number one and Nintendo dead last. Most of Sony's first party games are polished as well. So what's your point? 

Dear God, never say that again. Comments like that are what actually make that shit happen.

There's a reason Sony is #1, but chaining online to PS Plus is not one of them. It's the most anticonsumer thing they've done in a long time, and Nintendo should be lauded for staying fucking decent with that policy.

Also, those games are not free, the same way that the movies you watch on Netflix are not free. You're paying for a premium service.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Samus Aran 

Dear God, never say that again. Comments like that are what actually make that shit happen.

There's a reason Sony is #1, but chaining online to PS Plus is not one of them. It's the most anticonsumer thing they've done in a long time, and Nintendo should be lauded for staying fucking decent with that policy.

Also, those games are not free, the same way that the movies you watch on Netflix are not free. You're paying for a premium service.

Club Nintendo is not free as well then. You're paying for premium trash.

;)

I've seen some of the free games PS plus subscribers get. If those games were also on Nintendo consoles you'd probably buy a lot of them and spend way more than an annual €50. 

pokoko said:
I could be wrong, but aren't the rewards like Happy Meal toys and stuff mainly for kids?

Someone's visiting China's knock-off, "Club Weetendo."

Samus Aran said:

;)

Yes it is. Don't be smug. You pay every month for PS Plus. That isn't free. You pay nothing for Club Nintendo. That is free. Trash or not, you aren't paying for it. It's a reward, not a service.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

;)

Yes it is. Don't be smug. You pay every month for PS Plus. That isn't free. You pay nothing for Club Nintendo. That is free. Trash or not, you aren't paying for it. It's a reward, not a service.

How do you get points on Club Nintendo?

By buying games.

It's not free at all. 

alternine said:

Ive been hearing a lot from angry and disgruntled Nintendo fans that the Club Nintendo subscription is weak.

At least compared to the competition. I'm gonna take a quote from a game near and dear to my heart on this situation.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for".

What can Nintendo do to improve the service?

Club Nintendo isn't a subscription, it's a rewards program. I'm not sure if you're comparing it to Live/PS+, or to Sony Rewards/Xbox's version, but the former comparison really doesn't make any sense, since you're comparing a subscription to a complimentary service. Even when the rewards are crap, it just means you don't have to redeem points that month. You're not losing any money if you don't use it. 

To improve it...I think they should just start adding more games to it, and stop repeating the rewards. It's kind of annoying seeing Suduko Express up there every other month. I think keeping the Digital Download Program exclusively for Club Nintendo members would be a great idea...or maybe another way to change coins into eShop credit somehow. I think the program has potential, even if it's pretty lacking at the moment.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334