By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo...Kind of sucks

Yea I cant remember the last time I got something from there. It was probably the A link between worlds poster.
the platinum rewards were terrible.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yes you do... No one ever bought a game based on club Nintendo awards... People buy the games soo that they can play the games

That's kind of the problem though, isn't it? 

Why is Nintendo wasting money on Club Nintendo when they could create a program that generates them more money and gives their loyal customers some extra love? Win-win situation. 

Its not a win-win sitution... If say Nintendo goes like the way that ps+/gold goes... That means that everyone has to pay this Yearly fee for it and those that don't will get heavly punished for it... Imagine spending $60 and buying MK8 only to have the online portion locked behind a paywall... That is terrible! And everyone knows that the single player cannot hold on its own

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Samus Aran said:

Because nobody buys Nintendo games because of the Club Nintendo program right?

You see right there, that's the reason why Club Nintendo is useless and fails in every way. You think PS owners are pissed off at PS Plus? Not any of my friends, I can tell you that. 

People complain about the game offerings of PS Plus all the time. And they should. They are paying for a premium service, and they deserve to get their monies worth.

I never said that Club Nintendo was successful. I said that it was free. I think it's poorly implemented, but it's goal isn't to get people to buy more Nintendo games except for in a few isolated instances. It's goal is to get people to give their feedback on those games. Nintendo is "paying" you to fill out serveys, give feedback, and review their services with points towards free games and product.

It's not just rewarding your purchase. That's just the hook to get you on the website. What they really care about is the survey you fill out to get that extra 10 points. That kind of focused consumer feedback is extremely valuable, but difficult for a company to get in large quantities like they get from Club Nintendo.

Get that straight. Club Nintendo is a service that you are giving to Nintendo. You are working for them, and get payed for it. You've bought a game, register it on the site to prove that you own it so they know that you're word is credible, and fill out a survey on that experience. You fill out a survey detailing your experience with the game. You fill out a survey detailing your experience with the eshop. You're taking time out of your day to provide a service to Nintendo, only because you are qualified, and then you get rewarded in points for providing that service.

The fact that Nintendo can also premote games with that is an underutilized bonus, but nothing more.

Samus Aran said:

Yes you do... No one ever bought a game based on club Nintendo awards... People buy the games soo that they can play the games

That's kind of the problem though, isn't it? 

Why is Nintendo wasting money on Club Nintendo when they could create a program that generates them more money and gives their loyal customers some extra love? Win-win situation. 

Its not a win-win sitution... If say Nintendo goes like the way that ps+/gold goes... That means that everyone has to pay this Yearly fee for it and those that don't will get heavly punished for it... Imagine spending $60 and buying MK8 only to have the online portion locked behind a paywall... That is terrible! And everyone knows that the single player cannot hold on its own

I never said Nintendo should make online play subscription based. I said they should reward loyal customers more often. I gave PS Plus as an example because it provides plenty of content to make it worth the price. The fact that you need it to also play online games is silly yes. But not a dealbreaker.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Because nobody buys Nintendo games because of the Club Nintendo program right?

You see right there, that's the reason why Club Nintendo is useless and fails in every way. You think PS owners are pissed off at PS Plus? Not any of my friends, I can tell you that. 

People complain about the game offerings of PS Plus all the time. And they should. They are paying for a premium service, and they deserve to get their monies worth.

I never said that Club Nintendo was successful. I said that it was free. I think it's poorly implemented, but it's goal isn't to get people to buy more Nintendo games except for in a few isolated instances. It's goal is to get people to give their feedback on those games. Nintendo is "paying" you to fill out serveys, give feedback, and review their services with points towards free games and product.

It's not just rewarding your purchase. That's just the hook to get you on the website. What they really care about is the survey you fill out to get that extra 10 points. That kind of focused consumer feedback is extremely valuable, but difficult for a company to get in large quantities like they get from Club Nintendo.

Get that straight. Club Nintendo is a service that you are giving to Nintendo. You are working for them, and get payed for it. You've bought a game, register it on the site to prove that you own it so they know that you're word is credible, and fill out a survey on that experience. You fill out a survey detailing your experience with the game. You fill out a survey detailing your experience with the eshop. You're taking time out of your day to provide a service to Nintendo, only because you are qualified, and then you get rewarded in points for providing that service.

The fact that Nintendo can also premote games with that is an underutilized bonus, but nothing more.

I filled out my surveys with one word answers just to get it over with. I just randomly clicked answers when it was multiple choice.

I hope Nintendo doesn't listen to those surveys LOL. Maybe that's why they're failing so much in the marketing department. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I never said Nintendo should make online play subscription based. I said they should reward loyal customers more often. I gave PS Plus as an example because it provides plenty of content to make it worth the price. The fact that you need it to also play online games is silly yes. But not a dealbreaker.

How does Nintendo not provide enough content for something thats free? That on itself is legit entitled... The reason that people get stuff for ps+/gold is cause they pay money for it and Nintendo gives stuff for free...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Samus Aran said:

I filled out my surveys with one word answers just to get it over with. I just randomly clicked answers.

I hope Nintendo doesn't listen to those surveys LOL.

That happens with all surveys. They filter that stuff out, obviously.

Samus Aran said:

How does Nintendo not provide enough content for something thats free? That on itself is legit entitled... The reason that people get stuff for ps+/gold is cause they pay money for it and Nintendo gives stuff for free...

Sony gave out €1000 worth of "free" games this year. Club Nintendo gives away Mario pencils after you bought €1000 worth of Nintendo products (hyperbole). 

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

I filled out my surveys with one word answers just to get it over with. I just randomly clicked answers.

I hope Nintendo doesn't listen to those surveys LOL.

That happens with all surveys. They filter that stuff out, obviously.

It's obviously not doing a good job when you take a look at Nintendo's marketing. And how can they filter out multiple choice answers? 

I stand by my point, CLub Nintendo is a failure in every way. 

Samus Aran said:
Samus Aran said:

Sony gave out €1000 worth of "free" games this year. Club Nintendo gives away Mario pencils after you bought €1000 worth of Nintendo products (hyperbole). 

Thats cause people paid a yearly fee for it... Its not free if you don't pay for it