By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Pulls "The Interview" From All Theaters

This shit is about to get real big.

Around the Network

I don't think Sony will lose much money in the end though; this will make the movie infamous and give them a ton of free advertising. They just have to release it digitally and on disc.

Get ready/for NSA now having a direct open back door into every computer system open ..for you know...."protection purpose"

its that or Sony gets sued to death in court for ever..well after this , this just gives Govt. More excuse to exploit more privacy rights of people.

But of course Sony will still get the Blame, so its all good right?they already the law suits have already started.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

curl-6 said:
I don't think Sony will lose much money in the end though; this will make the movie infamous and give them a ton of free advertising. They just have to release it digitally and on disc.

what? you really think they are worried about the $42 million loss over this movie right now and releasing it after a Govt. backed Hack was used against them?

that loss of $42 million is the very least of their worries at this point. pretty much now Sony is looking to gather the NSA involved at this point, and you know what that means right?

Govt. Over sight on computer networks by corp. now will pretty much free reign, to do what they please to gather info on spying without the need for wire tapping if the company relents to the spying.

after a GOVT. Back hack was used, this is more than just a few hackers here or there.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
curl-6 said:

what? you really think they are worried about the $42 million loss over this movie right now and releasing it after a Govt. backed Hack was used against them?

that loss of $42 million is the very least of their worries at this point. pretty much now Sony is looking to gather the NSA involved at this point, and you know what that means right?

Govt. Over sight on computer networks by corp. now will pretty much free reign, to do what they please to gather info on spying without the need for wire tapping if the company relents to the spying.

after a GOVT. Back hack was used, this is more than just a few hackers here or there.

Considering the company's fiscal situation, yes I do think they are worried about money, (among other things) but I don't think this will be as big a financial blow to them as some are suggesting.

Around the Network

america lost its first cyber war. this ain't good.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
joeorc said:
Get ready/for NSA now having a direct open back door into every computer system open ..for you know...."protection purpose"

its that or Sony gets sued to death in court for ever..well after this , this just gives Govt. More excuse to exploit more privacy rights of people.

But of course Sony will still get the Blame, so its all good right?they already the law suits have already started.

Well I'm blaming whoever thought it was a good idea to make a movie about assassinating a current living leader of a country, and a not so friendly one to boot.

I mean could you imagine the U.S. responce if this was the other way around.  If Sony made a movie about asssassinating Barack Obama, or if North Korea made a movie about assassinating Barack Obama.

I can't imagine our government just ignoring it.

irstupid said:
joeorc said:

Well I'm blaming whoever thought it was a good idea to make a movie about assassinating a current living leader of a country, and a not so friendly one to boot.

I mean could you imagine the U.S. responce if this was the other way around.  If Sony made a movie about asssassinating Barack Obama, or if North Korea made a movie about assassinating Barack Obama.

i doubt they will do a 9/11 on theaters over a parody movie.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
irstupid said:
joeorc said:

wait, Team america, hot shots and yet seth's Movie gets this ire?

but those companies get no such outrage? or even this extent of a hack?

let alone , you know they are going to go ahead and release the rest of this data they aquired..So at this point no doubt Sony is expecting it. with all the law suits coming Sony's way adding yet another blame on their shoulder at this point i doubt would not matter at this point. Sony i would imagine is expecting it.

after this. after being a target after so long, you expect is expecting it more and all you can do is try to prevent it the best way you can.

I AM BOLO

ps:

deskpro2k3 said:
irstupid said:
joeorc said:

i doubt they will do a 9/11 on theaters over a parody movie.

Not worth the risk.  Can you imagine the backlash if there was even ONE bombing or shooting or whatever due to a fucknig stupid movie.