By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Pulls "The Interview" From All Theaters

irstupid said:
joeorc said:
Get ready/for NSA now having a direct open back door into every computer system open ..for you know...."protection purpose"

its that or Sony gets sued to death in court for ever..well after this , this just gives Govt. More excuse to exploit more privacy rights of people.

But of course Sony will still get the Blame, so its all good right?they already the law suits have already started.

Well I'm blaming whoever thought it was a good idea to make a movie about assassinating a current living leader of a country, and a not so friendly one to boot.

I mean could you imagine the U.S. responce if this was the other way around.  If Sony made a movie about asssassinating Barack Obama, or if North Korea made a movie about assassinating Barack Obama.

I can't imagine our government just ignoring it.

I think most of the US wouldn't care. Obama isnt that liked any more. But there have been plenty of movies about assinating american presidents, or attacking the us, or attacking the white hose. No comedies that I know of though

Around the Network
irstupid said:
deskpro2k3 said:
irstupid said:
joeorc said:
Get ready/for NSA now having a direct open back door into every computer system open ..for you know...."protection purpose"

its that or Sony gets sued to death in court for ever..well after this , this just gives Govt. More excuse to exploit more privacy rights of people.

But of course Sony will still get the Blame, so its all good right?they already the law suits have already started.

Well I'm blaming whoever thought it was a good idea to make a movie about assassinating a current living leader of a country, and a not so friendly one to boot.

I mean could you imagine the U.S. responce if this was the other way around.  If Sony made a movie about asssassinating Barack Obama, or if North Korea made a movie about assassinating Barack Obama.

i doubt they will do a 9/11 on theaters over a parody movie.

Not worth the risk.  Can you imagine the backlash if there was even ONE bombing or shooting or whatever due to a fucknig stupid movie.

you think the government would be behind that? i needed to double check.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
thranx said:
irstupid said:
joeorc said:

I think most of the US wouldn't care. Obama isnt that liked any more. But there have been plenty of movies about assinating american presidents, or attacking the us, or attacking the white hose. No comedies that I know of though

Always made up presidents.  Not a current in office president.

I'm all against what the hackers have done and what they threaten, but am 100% for this movie never seeing the light of day.    Just wish the reason for it not seeing the light of day would have been a hollywood/sony exec hearing the premise and axing the movie before it left the room.  it shouldn't have taken 9/11 threats to have people realize this was a stupid idea for a movie.

deskpro2k3 said:
irstupid said:
deskpro2k3 said:
irstupid said:
joeorc said:

Not worth the risk.  Can you imagine the backlash if there was even ONE bombing or shooting or whatever due to a fucknig stupid movie.

you think the goverment would be behind that? i need to double check.

What?  I don't know who is behind the hacks, and don't care.  I just saying if there was even one incident at a theater with this movie, can you imagine how much shit the U.S. government or Sony or whoever woudl get for not taking this threat seriously and risking it for a fucking dumbass comedy.

was this one of the movies that got leaked cause now i kinda want to see it?

Around the Network

I want to see it now.

irstupid said:
deskpro2k3 said:
irstupid said:
joeorc said:

exactly, it is not worth the risk, already Sony is looking at this as its better to move on, the ironic thing is you can expect more hacking to try to dump that movie online by another Hacking group, never mind the damage it will do further to Sony and the loss in Money and market viability of products made by Sony.

can anyone now not claim without any shadow of a doubt that , if there was such a thing as !the most hated" or " perverse (most loved) in a stalking sense"  award which company would get it? lol

I mean have you ever seen any other company that has such attacks directed at that company before this extensive , directed to do this much damage to the company.

and yet for some , this is not enough..wonder which company would gather this much directed distruction to that company if Sony was gone..lol

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

morenoingrato said:
I want to see it now.

And Sony's marketing stunt is now in play...

Wow, didn't think they'd actually give in to a hollow threat. Guess a silly movie just isn't worth even the slightest risk, so good on them!

NintendoPie said:
morenoingrato said:
I want to see it now.

And Sony's marketing stunt is now in play...

A marketing stunt? 

lol, really, yeah lets just release really famous actors/actress SS#'s, and tons of Data and incur tons of Law suits their way, for a freaking movie that cost $42 million to make, never mind the backlash and company wide perception on "lack of security or very easy security once again to break" all the wile having to go once again in front of a federal and civil oversite...oh yeah some freaking fantastic "marketing stunt" you have there..lmao

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.