By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Check out Guilty Gear Xrd's Metascore [hint: highest for a new PS exclusive in 2014]

pokoko said:

Don't worry.  A reviewer who isn't very good at fighting games will come along and give it a 7/10.

You should also give a little credit to the people who hate Japan, comics and the way the women are dressed and objectified.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Woah, that is surprising

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Someone on reddit posted this, maybe some people are interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2pjdgh/guilty_gear_xrd_came_out_today_let_me_tell_you/

Would be cool if this game could get some extra attention now (I know it's very niche), seems to be a great fighting game and if it sells enough then people can't exclude it from the list wars.

DerNebel said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2pjdgh/guilty_gear_xrd_came_out_today_let_me_tell_you/

Would be cool if this game could get some extra attention now (I know it's very niche), seems to be a great fighting game and if it sells enough then people can't exclude it from the list wars.

It's just some small indie Japanese niche animu game. It will never be included in serious western list wars.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
DerNebel said:

It's just some small indie Japanese niche animu game. It will never be included in serious western list wars.

At least it's not indie...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

This looks awesome, so I'm glad reception has been good.

if only Sony put some effort in advertising this games... im not saying "put commercials on tv" but at least show a trailer of this games on E3, Gamescom and PSX... a lot of this 3rd party japanese exclusives are really good games and you know how they could stop being niche? by actually being advertised!, that way they could get in the hands of more people...

edit: heck Freedom Wars was a 1rst party exclusive and Sony didnt even showed it at E3.

estebxx said:
if only Sony put some effort in advertising this games... im not saying "put commercials on tv" but at least show a trailer of this games on E3, Gamescom and PSX... a lot of this 3rd party japanese exclusives are really good games and you know how they could stop being niche? by actually being advertised!, that way they could get in the hands of more people...

Maybe Sony doesn't care much about it, given the circumstances. These kind of games already have their fanbase, so there's no point in wasting money that could go advertising something else more enticing that could give more profit.

Wright said:
estebxx said:

Maybe Sony doesn't care much about it, given the circumstances. These kind of games already have their fanbase, so there's no point in wasting money that could go advertising something else more enticing that could give more profit.

oh they definetly dont care, but its still werid that games like Freedom Wars a first party game made by Sony isnt even advertised at E3, and again im not saying "waste money with TV ads" just give the game a trailer of a minute and a half on E3, that shouldnt be a problem but they still dont care...

pokoko said:

Don't worry.  A reviewer who isn't very good at fighting games will come along and give it a 7/10.

Reminds me of IGN W101 review.