By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Hack Threat Elevates to National Security Threat Against MovieGoers

aLkaLiNE said:
How on earth does Team America, a far more vulgar and provocative movie get a pass but Korea threatens for war over this? Ridiculous. I wish we knew the transparent truth as to what's really going on/why.

The change in leadership since TA's release would be my guess.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:
kowenicki said:

excuse me?  did you see where I put "some" in that post.

read!

and calm down.  I doubt youd be this angry if it was Universal. wow.

You said you "get" why "some" could do that. 

This has nothing to do with the company and everything to do with shitty leaders like Kim Jong-un and his ilk. North-Korea's issues have been completely ignored for too long imo. They need an intervention. Also, I'm calm as a feather.

Yes I get why some people from North Korea would be offended that a movie about their leader being murdered might be seen as lacking taste. Whacky huh?

Yeah, it's whacky because those who do have been "brainwashed".

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:

From a previous thread, I offered you an olive branch of peace by apologizing for a possible misinterpretion of your intentions.  But you on the other hand are accusing Ninsect of potentially turning a blind eye to this if the company were other than Sony not knowing his intentions.  We'll maybe you wouldn't be harking so much on the company in question if it weren't Sony.  And we all know why.

...and you are still barking up the wrong tree....  I made a valid point which was jumped on in an angry manner by a vocal pro sony poster.

If this was the BBC I'd still think it was a risky move, I think he'd agree.

If its all marketing then bravo, its absolute genous marketing on a grand scale.  If it isnt then its risky.  It was discussed as risky as far back as the summer on quite a few forums.

As I told you before, me responding to your post had nothing to do with the fact that Sony pictures was hacked by them...I would do the same if I saw you, or anyone else, almost defending NK's leader, or at least implying that he deserves more than jokes and a bit of disrespect.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Well, this escalated pretty quickly and fast. I can get that they are offended by the movie and may want an apology but i dont see the justice in hacking, exposing and threathening the lives of people. They went as far as to remind people of a terrible event that still pains some american citizens to this day. Come on....jokes or not, its gone way too far

lol this has turned into some stupid shit.

Around the Network

Can any one person answer my question here? Where did the hackers officially say they are going to kill people? Why is everyone running with misinformation in this thread? Is misinformation more important than a racist cooperation with incompetent people at the top?

keroncoward said:
Can any one person answer my question here? Where did the hackers officially say they are going to kill people? Why is everyone running with misinformation in this thread? Is misinformation more important than a racist cooperation with incompetent people at the top?

"We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places 'The Interview' be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to."

Their statement said the move was "awful" and promised "the world will be full of fear."

After referencing the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the group said people should stay away from "The Interview," which is scheduled to premier Christmas Day.

---------------

That's almost as direct as you can get

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

keroncoward said:

A quick internet search would answer your question

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/16/employees-sue-failure-guard-personal-data-leaked-hackers

So it looks like you're the one spreading misinformation keroncoward, Why is this?

GProgrammer said:
keroncoward said:

A quick internet search would answer your question

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/16/employees-sue-failure-guard-personal-data-leaked-hackers

So it looks like you're the one spreading misinformation keroncoward, Why is this?

They never said they will kill anyone. Nice spin on things and i suggest you read your own link you provided.

If this is indeed viral marketing, wouldn't the government look into this, find out it is viral marketing, and not support it because it paints a bad picture against a foreign nation (which already has a bad picture)?

If the government couldn't find out but it turned out this was viral marketing, wouldn't the marketing team be arrested for falsifying crime and evidence?