By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Hack Threat Elevates to National Security Threat Against MovieGoers

According to Homeland Security, this threat isn't "credible". So yeah, just some N. Korean sympathizers trying to stop people from watching the movie.

Any theater that pulls this movie is stupid. I mean, does anyone really think a terrorist, however demented, would make an attack on a movie theater because of 1 movie? Really? Even if they did, there's security that they have to go past.

I just hope these terrorists get what they deserve. Torture and prison time.

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
What if this all one big joke concocted by Seth Rogen and the gang?

That would be quite tasteless of a joke.

As for me, I think I'll wait until it's on DVD.

Got some more news OP can add to the thread

Sony 'wouldn't object' to theaters pulling The Interview after terror threats;

CARMIKE CINEMAS IS FIRST TO BAIL

"The Interview, Seth Rogen's Kim Jong-un assassination comedy that may be at the center of the devastating Sony Pictures hack, is scheduled to hit theaters on Christmas Day, but at this point Sony may rather wish it not come out at all. Following another leak which contained terror threats against prospective viewers, studio executives are now telling theaters that they "wouldn't object" to any decision not to show the movie, according to The Wall Street Journal."

"The New York Times, meanwhile, reports that Sony Pictures has "decided to all but invite theater owners to force cancellation or further postponement of The Interview," with one theater chain owner calling the 9/11-invoking terror threads a "game-changer." Following these reports, Variety said that Carmike Cinemas, a chain with 2,632 screens nationwide, has become the first chain to take Sony up on that offer. Earlier today Rogen and co-star James Franco reportedly withdrew from all press appearances for The Interview through the end of the week."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/16/7406107/theaters-may-cancel-the-interview

When the dust settles, some heads at marketing are gonna roll.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

lol what are they gonna do? Blow up every single movie theater in America? Hollow threat is hollow.

Around the Network

some people really have it in for sony,teh console warz are getting out of control,

gone way out of hand for PR,good dvd sales for this movie i'd imagine

Above & Beyond

shogunknight said:
Got some more news OP can add to the thread

Sony 'wouldn't object' to theaters pulling The Interview after terror threats;

CARMIKE CINEMAS IS FIRST TO BAIL

"The Interview, Seth Rogen's Kim Jong-un assassination comedy that may be at the center of the devastating Sony Pictures hack, is scheduled to hit theaters on Christmas Day, but at this point Sony may rather wish it not come out at all. Following another leak which contained terror threats against prospective viewers, studio executives are now telling theaters that they "wouldn't object" to any decision not to show the movie, according to The Wall Street Journal."

"The New York Times, meanwhile, reports that Sony Pictures has "decided to all but invite theater owners to force cancellation or further postponement of The Interview," with one theater chain owner calling the 9/11-invoking terror threads a "game-changer." Following these reports, Variety said that Carmike Cinemas, a chain with 2,632 screens nationwide, has become the first chain to take Sony up on that offer. Earlier today Rogen and co-star James Franco reportedly withdrew from all press appearances for The Interview through the end of the week."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/16/7406107/theaters-may-cancel-the-interview

You kidding me, so now terrorist know all they have to say is they are going to cause carnage and everyone will hide under thier beds, now I'm totally going to see this movie, WTF is wrong with people?

Now it should be every ones job to go see this movie, I'm not a Sony fan and I'm totally going after this nonsense, fug these losers who can't take a joke.

Wow! Some people actually used this issue as a bullet in the console war.

We should realize, there is no logic, reason or excuse to do such action against a fictional film. I mean just look at South Park for pete sakes and yet suddenly this is not okay?

I mean has anyone actually seen the movie to judge it begin with?

When it comes down to it....these hackers are just trolls. And wanna laugh at what they accomplish. Also, make people hate Kim Jong un or, a hoax from Sony. I find it funny how smart Sony are by using a DRM that is inaudible such as Cinavia in their movies and yet, they cant even protect their computers from a group of script kiddies?