By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20 million sellers for the wii!

HEY! lets talk about the Wii's bad third party games !!!111one

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
jimmay said:

No you've got it wrong, most consoles launch with a poor line up. The ps2 won because by it's second christmas it got grand theft auto 3, gran turismo 3, final fantasy 10, metal gear 2, devil may cry, ratchet and clank etc. These games dont come from no where they take years to make and people knew they were coming so brought the ps2 in advance. On top of that the ps2 was a dvd player and it could play ps1 games. People just dont randomly buy a console then games are made for it, people buy the consoles with the top games they want to play that are either released now or are about to come out.

You mean, after the PS2 had been on the market for 18 months (in Japan, 12 months in North America) it started to get good games while the Dreamcast had a steady supply of really good games from the time it launched until it was discontinued, and the PS2 won because of the quality of its games?

The PS2 sold 13,170,835 consoles in its first 12 months (cumulative across all regions, http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=America&cons3=PS2&reg3=Total+Other&weeks=52 ) with very bad supply problems in all regions early on, and (by your own admitance) no good games in its first year ... yet you claim it was the 'Games' that made the PS2 sell?

Sigh...i'll say it again, people don't just buy a console for the games that are out now, they also buy them for the games that are about to come out. Typically the first people to buy a console are the hardcore and hardcore gamers know more about what games are coming out than any other. Plus i also explained that the ps2 sold because it was a dvd player and could play ps1 games. After 18 months the ps2 had better games than the dreamcast, so what's your point? Also if you want to compare quality of games after 18 months the ps2 had 47 games rated 80% or higher and in nearly the same amount of time the wii has had 14 games rated 80% or higher......see the difference.

@rol, you are arguing with yet another delusional troll on VGchartz who is trying to bring down the Wii. It is a lost cause, these ppl are too fanboyish to understand much of anything.

Auron said:
@rol, you are arguing with yet another delusional troll on VGchartz who is trying to bring down the Wii. It is a lost cause, these ppl are too fanboyish to understand much of anything.

Wow, talk about delusional, im making valid points and backing them up with facts and i'm a troll? The fact is so far the wii is the top seller of hardware and currently has 20 million sellers, well done wii. You can spin and twist things as much as you want but whilst the wii is going well in sales you cannot deny the fact that the wii has the lowest quality of games compared to it's current gen competition as well as compared to last gen.

Wow some people are reaaaaalllly upset that the Wii is seeing such software success.

Trying to drag review scores in to discredit the millions upon millions of games sold eh? Thats just sad guys.

Sad.

Around the Network
Xyrax said:
Wow some people are reaaaaalllly upset that the Wii is seeing such software success.

Trying to drag review scores in to discredit the millions upon millions of games sold eh? Thats just sad guys.

Sad.

See it's posts like yours that ruin threads, it's just flaime bait. I'm not upset, i can see plenty of people getting upset because they don't like the facts i've presented tho. How about people just congratulate the wii reaching 20 million, million sellers and at the same time learn to not be so over deffensive because the quality of the 20 million sellers is generally low.

jimmay said:
Xyrax said:

Sad.

See it's posts like yours that ruin threads, it's just flaime bait. I'm not upset, i can see plenty of people getting upset because they don't like the facts i've presented tho. How about people just congratulate the wii reaching 20 million, million sellers and at the same time learn to not be so over deffensive because the quality of the 20 million sellers is generally low.

You're wrong. End of thread.

#21 resident evil UC
#22 lego star wars
#23 my sims
the wii is catching up to the 360 in million sellers

Also don't forget Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, it should reach a million within a month from now.

#24 raymen raving rabbids
and we should add mario kart
#25 mario kart

lol