By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20 million sellers for the wii!

HappySqurriel said:
jimmay said:
HappySqurriel said:

So Jimmay if gamerankings is so unbiased let's look at sales another way ...
Sales of the top 20 highest rated games on Gamerankings.com with at least 20 reviews

Wii:

Game

ScoreSalesAdjusted Sales
Super Mario Galaxy97.19%5.956.04
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess93.91%4.674.82
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition90.96%1.641.72
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption89.69%1.211.28
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock86.48%1.882.02
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure85.74%0.290.31
Super Paper Mario85.17%2.222.41
No More Heroes83.08%0.170.19
WarioWare: Smooth Moves81.98%2.262.50
Madden NFL 0781.37%0.430.48
Trauma Center: Second Opinion80.89%0.520.58
Geometry Wars: Galaxies80.07%0.050.06
Mario Strikers Charged79.03%1.491.68
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn78.72%0.460.52
Madden NFL 0878.20%0.570.64
Mercury Meltdown Revolution78.06%0.040.05
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition77.43%0.090.10
Rayman Raving Rabbids76.93%1.281.46
Trauma Center: New Blood76.55%0.190.22
Wii Sports76.49%19.6822.50
Average0.8292.252.48
Average (without Wii Sports)0.83231.341.47

PS3:

GameScoreSalesAdjusted Sales
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare93.62%2.522.60
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion93.19%0.650.67
Rock Band90.77%0.340.36
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune89.83%1.291.36
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction88.54%0.870.92
Burnout Paradise87.39%0.420.45
The Orange Box87.28%0.080.09
Ninja Gaiden Sigma86.99%0.350.38
Resistance: Fall of Man86.70%2.392.57
Virtua Fighter 586.41%0.470.51
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 286.27%0.270.29
Skate86.25%0.170.18
Unreal Tournament 385.51%0.310.34
NHL 0885.38%0.090.10
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas85.06%0.340.37
Devil May Cry 484.58%0.951.03
Warhawk84.23%0.390.42
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock83.99%0.921.00
DiRT83.24%0.090.10
NBA Street Homecourt82.91%0.090.10
Average86.91%0.650.70

OMG! The PS3 is ruining the industry because even good games don't sell well on it!!!

Not quite sure what you're trying to get at? The ps3 was over priced and had poor hardware sales because of that, poor hardware sales obviously led to poor software sales. But things are now picking up for ps3 and in the next few months it's going to have 5-6 more games that reach the million sold mark, all of which got good reviews.

Except that a large portion of those games were released not that long ago; Guitar Hero III, Devil May Cry 4, Unreal Tournament III, The Orange Box, Burnout Paradise, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Rockband and Call of Duty 4 were all released in the last several months.

My point was that you can look for metrics that make any system look bad, and your choice of the gamerakings/metacritic scores matched up to million sellers is no better than most. By choosing how the top rated games have sold as my dataset I choose something which would demonstrate the point that the PS3 was ruining the industry, after all if PS3 games are so expensive to produce and even the top 20 games have not sold that well how will any developer turn a decent profit off of PS3 development? This argument is no worse nor does it a more biased position than the one you have choosen.

Regardless of whether you're willing to admit it or not, the reason a lot of Wii games have sold so well inspite of lower reviews is because they are high quality in a way which currently is not included in a lot of review methodologies. A game which is approachable and fun that enables four people of any skill level to play together and enjoy themselves is not common, is a challenge to produce, and is highly desireable yet few reviewers are willing to consider this when they score a game; unfortunately, even poor online multiplayer seems to boost up the review scores of many other games.

If it were just a couple of games which had disproportionately high sales for their scores you might have a point about consumers not always choosing great games en-mass (after all Kane and Lyntch sold pretty well) but the number of titles which this is happening to combined with most people WHO HAVE ACTUALLY PLAYED THESE GAMES are saying that the games are much higher quality than their score reflects should at least make you reconsider your point.

I've given many examples that show everything. The facts that you can never get away from are the wii has significantly less top rated games than the 360 and the ps3 overall. Out of the top games (million sellers) the majority of wii games aren't rated as top games where as the 360 and ps3's games are. This shows that casuals are the biggest driving force behind wii sales and they don't have a clue what makes a good game. I have played most of these games and just like most things in life, the things that sell the best generally arent the best and most people have bad taste but these things don't matter to them because they are happy and that's all that matters to them.

Around the Network
jimmay said:

I've given many examples that show everything. The facts that you can never get away from are the wii has significantly less top rated games than the 360 and the ps3 overall. Out of the top games (million sellers) the majority of wii games aren't rated as top games where as the 360 and ps3's games are. This shows that casuals are the biggest driving force behind wii sales and they don't have a clue what makes a good game. I have played most of these games and just like most things in life, the things that sell the best generally arent the best and most people have bad taste but these things don't matter to them because they are happy and that's all that matters to them.

That is a very elitest attitude ...

As I pointed out before, in no other entertainment medium do critics use their own personal preference in genre impact their review. Currently, the Hana Motana movie is rated higher than the Bucket List even though you (an many other people) would find The Bucket List to be a more meaningful and deeper movie ...

How can Hana Montana be so highly rated in comparison to the Bucket List if the Bucket List is deeper movie? Well, the critics reviewed Hanna Montana in the context of it being a tween movie and as a tween movie they thought it was alright ... This means that their reviews have meaning to the very people who would actually watch that movie.

Why then are videogame critics reviewing Wii Sports via the same standard they review Madden by? They're two different games, targeting two different demographics which are each looking for drastically different things from their game ... If someone who is interested in Wii Sports doesn't care about an online leaderboard why should the critic take the lack of an online leaderboard as a negative thing?

jimmay said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

You're using logic to argue with a known delusional who's life revolves around the numerical summations of other people's opinions. You're wasting your time. This is the same person that could not accept the fact that Heavenly Sword was a short game and continued to write long blowhard responses arguing about it until even the Sony fanbys got tired of listening to him and left the thread.

Look at his friggin forum activity:

Recent Forum Activity

20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 19:27)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 14:19)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 13:58)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 01:13)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 01:07)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 01:03)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:38)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:29)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:14)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:08)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 21:26)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 20:44)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 20:21)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 18:30)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 17:46)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 17:01)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 16:52)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 16:30)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 15:59)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 13:42)
View all posts

Now that's dedication.

No your right, when somebody has an opinion and others disagree they should just give up when others gang up on them. If a game being short makes it a bad game as heavenly sword supposedly is then alot of nintendo fans shouldn't have a problem grasping that alot of these wii million sellers are short shallow games that deserved to get criticized and received the low review scores they did.

No one said Heavenly Sword was a bad game, you just couldn't accept the fact that it was short and that people wished it lasted longer. Then you did exactly what you did here - you tried to deflect your problem onto other games, attacking Halo 3 for its length despite the fact that the multiplayer component adds infinitely more replayablity than anything in Heavenly Sword. Similarly you're trying to deflect Heavenly Sword shortcomings by crying about nintendo fans and "shallow" wii games based off of a score made by some guy you've never met because he didn't think it was the most awesomest game he ever played.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

jimmay said:

If you keep on posting i'm going to keep on proving you wrong.

1). I've played most of the games you mentioned. Wii sports is little more than a tech demo. For decades the good sports games come with a full seasons worth of content mirroring the sport it is based on, many different options for playing the game, leaderboards and online. Wii sports is just the equivilant of an exibition match which is all you get from the tiny demo versions of real games. Warhawk didn't score any higher because it had no single player game, with a single player game it would have scored 85-50% instead of the 80% it did. Poor graphics wether you like it or not make the game worse. Does a film shot with a bad camera or a film watched on a bad screen make the acting or the script any worse? No it doesn't, but overall bad camera work or watching a film on a bad screen still makes the overall experence worse just like having bad graphics does. Most of wii sports games are broken and can be exploited. For example wii tennis, when you serve you can perform a super serve by flicking your wrist quickly instead of performing a real serve like you would in real life. The super serve beats the a.i. 80-90% of the time and against humans they miss most of the time and if they do return it, it will only come back as a miss hit shot and then with your follow up you just smash it past them. In wii bowling just press the d pad once to the right if your right handed or once to the left if your left handed then swing straight and as hard as you can and you'll get a strike most of the time and the rest of the time you'll get a spare. In wii boxing all you have to do is flail around like a mad man and you'll win. Also you can't use your created mii's in wii boxing.

Mario party is a stale series. You can't compare it to an fps saying all fps's are stale because fps's have different stories, are set in varied locations and time periods, feature different weapons, different special abilites, fps's are generally technically impressive and they mostly have a decent online compontent that keeps them fresh. Apart from mario party being stale the whole game is made pointless by the random taking away and awarding of stars which makes the game broken.

3). When the other versions of tiger woods have better graphics and online then why should the wii version score the same? A different take on the controls which are fun but fiddly and also have a few gltiches doesn't make up the difference.

4). Even without the pc the combined sales of the 360 and ps3 are higher than the wii. The wii might be able to out sell the 360 and ps3 combined but it's a fact that wii owners buy the least amount of third party games so third parties still won't stop puting most of their aaa games on the360/ps3/pc combo. Galaxy isn't a dumbed down game, wii play is, given the choice to work on the new bioshock or the new wii play what do you think developers will choose.

That first sentence made me laugh quite a bit because I can't remember a single time you proved me wrong. However:

1) HappySquirrel made good points about this. The thing Wii Sports lacks are not needed for the people that like it. Also, even if sports games used to mirror the real sport, there's no reason for Wii Sports to do so too. You can't compare the visuals of a film to the graphics of a game. Wii Sport's graphic  is good enough for the gameplay, it 's not ugly and nothing. There's no reason for it to be better.
I have no problem to take down a fast serve in tennis, and I can perform it with a regular service so I don't see why this is broken. Bowling is like real life bowling: If you know the trick, you can get Strikes. It may be a bit easier to do it in Wii Sports, but you still need skill to do it. Boxing can be very deep if you do it right, and you CAN use your Mii's.

Well, Mario Party has new Minigames in every part, and I think this is even better than a new story or a new environment. As I said, I haven't played 8, but no game until 6 has random awarding and taking away of stars, so I can't really imagine 8 does all those things worse.

You haven't even mentioned the other games, so I assume you accept my points there.

3) You can't compare graphics in scores between consoles. A game on the Wii that takes the max out of its capabilities should score higher in graphics than a mediocre game on the 360 even if the 360 game is still prettier. I made my point about online before.

4) Have you seen the thread with total third party sales? The sales on the Wii are almost as high as on the 360 and much higher than on the PS3. The old "Nintendo consoles sell less third party games" is a myth and easily explainable if you think that the last two Nintendo consoles also had the least good third party games. Why do third parties have to make Wii Play like games and not Mario Galaxy like games? That makes no sense to me. They can also do high profile games on the Wii and that should give them just as much joy as making high profile games on the other consoles.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

HappySqurriel said:
jimmay said:

As I pointed out before, in no other entertainment medium do critics use their own personal preference in genre impact their review. Currently, the Hana Motana movie is rated higher than the Bucket List even though you (an many other people) would find The Bucket List to be a more meaningful and deeper movie ...

How can Hana Montana be so highly rated in comparison to the Bucket List if the Bucket List is deeper movie? Well, the critics reviewed Hanna Montana in the context of it being a tween movie and as a tween movie they thought it was alright ... This means that their reviews have meaning to the very people who would actually watch that movie.

Why then are videogame critics reviewing Wii Sports via the same standard they review Madden by? They're two different games, targeting two different demographics which are each looking for drastically different things from their game ... If someone who is interested in Wii Sports doesn't care about an online leaderboard why should the critic take the lack of an online leaderboard as a negative thing?

It's not personal preference, each reviewer comes to a game and reviews it on the same scale, it's the only fair way to do it. The bucket list isn't a great movie so that doesnt show anything. As for hana montana, reviewers gave it the score they did because kids like it. Kids normally have bad taste, immature taste and they arent old enough or wise enough to know any better, just because something is good to them doesn't make it good overall. So basically what your saying is, if something is designed to be short, shallow, easy and dumb because casual gamers who have bad taste in games like that then people can't critise it because that is what it was meant to be? hahaha yeah ok.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
jimmay said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

You're using logic to argue with a known delusional who's life revolves around the numerical summations of other people's opinions. You're wasting your time. This is the same person that could not accept the fact that Heavenly Sword was a short game and continued to write long blowhard responses arguing about it until even the Sony fanbys got tired of listening to him and left the thread.

Look at his friggin forum activity:

Recent Forum Activity

20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 19:27)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 14:19)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 13:58)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 01:13)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 01:07)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 01:03)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:38)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:29)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:14)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/06/08, 00:08)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 21:26)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 20:44)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 20:21)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 18:30)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 17:46)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 17:01)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 16:52)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 16:30)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 15:59)
20 million sellers for the wii! (03/05/08, 13:42)
View all posts

Now that's dedication.

No your right, when somebody has an opinion and others disagree they should just give up when others gang up on them. If a game being short makes it a bad game as heavenly sword supposedly is then alot of nintendo fans shouldn't have a problem grasping that alot of these wii million sellers are short shallow games that deserved to get criticized and received the low review scores they did.

No one said Heavenly Sword was a bad game, you just couldn't accept the fact that it was and that people wished it lasted longer. Then you did exactly what you did here - you tried to deflect your problem onto other games, attacking Halo 3 fr its length despite the fact that the multiplayer component adds infinitely more replayablity than anything in Heavenly Sword. Similarly you're trying to deflect Heavenly Sword shortcomings by crying about nintendo fans and "shallow" wii games based off of a score made by some guy you've never met because he didn't think it was the most awesomest game he ever played.

Talk about contradicting yourself, so nobody said heavenly sword was a bad game but i can't accept the fact it is....ok that makes perfect sense. It's not one guy it's hundreds of professional reviewers opinions who know more about games then the average person. Just because a game might have been designed to be a short shallow game that appeals to casual gamers with bad taste in games it can't be pulled up for being a short shallow game? Ooook that's perfectly normal....

nintendo_fanboy said:
jimmay said:

If you keep on posting i'm going to keep on proving you wrong.

1). I've played most of the games you mentioned. Wii sports is little more than a tech demo. For decades the good sports games come with a full seasons worth of content mirroring the sport it is based on, many different options for playing the game, leaderboards and online. Wii sports is just the equivilant of an exibition match which is all you get from the tiny demo versions of real games. Warhawk didn't score any higher because it had no single player game, with a single player game it would have scored 85-50% instead of the 80% it did. Poor graphics wether you like it or not make the game worse. Does a film shot with a bad camera or a film watched on a bad screen make the acting or the script any worse? No it doesn't, but overall bad camera work or watching a film on a bad screen still makes the overall experence worse just like having bad graphics does. Most of wii sports games are broken and can be exploited. For example wii tennis, when you serve you can perform a super serve by flicking your wrist quickly instead of performing a real serve like you would in real life. The super serve beats the a.i. 80-90% of the time and against humans they miss most of the time and if they do return it, it will only come back as a miss hit shot and then with your follow up you just smash it past them. In wii bowling just press the d pad once to the right if your right handed or once to the left if your left handed then swing straight and as hard as you can and you'll get a strike most of the time and the rest of the time you'll get a spare. In wii boxing all you have to do is flail around like a mad man and you'll win. Also you can't use your created mii's in wii boxing.

Mario party is a stale series. You can't compare it to an fps saying all fps's are stale because fps's have different stories, are set in varied locations and time periods, feature different weapons, different special abilites, fps's are generally technically impressive and they mostly have a decent online compontent that keeps them fresh. Apart from mario party being stale the whole game is made pointless by the random taking away and awarding of stars which makes the game broken.

3). When the other versions of tiger woods have better graphics and online then why should the wii version score the same? A different take on the controls which are fun but fiddly and also have a few gltiches doesn't make up the difference.

4). Even without the pc the combined sales of the 360 and ps3 are higher than the wii. The wii might be able to out sell the 360 and ps3 combined but it's a fact that wii owners buy the least amount of third party games so third parties still won't stop puting most of their aaa games on the360/ps3/pc combo. Galaxy isn't a dumbed down game, wii play is, given the choice to work on the new bioshock or the new wii play what do you think developers will choose.

That first sentence made me laugh quite a bit because I can't remember a single time you proved me wrong. However:

1) HappySquirrel made good points about this. The thing Wii Sports lacks are not needed for the people that like it. Also, even if sports games used to mirror the real sport, there's no reason for Wii Sports to do so too. You can't compare the visuals of a film to the graphics of a game. Wii Sport's graphic is good enough for the gameplay, it 's not ugly and nothing. There's no reason for it to be better.
I have no problem to take down a fast serve in tennis, and I can perform it with a regular service so I don't see why this is broken. Bowling is like real life bowling: If you know the trick, you can get Strikes. It may be a bit easier to do it in Wii Sports, but you still need skill to do it. Boxing can be very deep if you do it right, and you CAN use your Mii's.

Well, Mario Party has new Minigames in every part, and I think this is even better than a new story or a new environment. As I said, I haven't played 8, but no game until 6 has random awarding and taking away of stars, so I can't really imagine 8 does all those things worse.

You haven't even mentioned the other games, so I assume you accept my points there.

3) You can't compare graphics in scores between consoles. A game on the Wii that takes the max out of its capabilities should score higher in graphics than a mediocre game on the 360 even if the 360 game is still prettier. I made my point about online before.

4) Have you seen the thread with total third party sales? The sales on the Wii are almost as high as on the 360 and much higher than on the PS3. The old "Nintendo consoles sell less third party games" is a myth and easily explainable if you think that the last two Nintendo consoles also had the least good third party games. Why do third parties have to make Wii Play like games and not Mario Galaxy like games? That makes no sense to me. They can also do high profile games on the Wii and that should give them just as much joy as making high profile games on the other consoles.

1).Well you sure are living up to your user name nintendo fanboy. I've proved you wrong every step of the way and i'll continue to do so. I've said this to happysquirrel and i'll say the same to you, if something is designed to be short, shallow, easy and dumb because casual gamers who have bad taste in games like that then people can't critise it because that is what it was meant to be? It doesn't matter if a group of people like short, shallow, easy and dumb games, they can buy as many of them as they like but it still doesn't change the fact they are short, shallow, easy and dumb games that receive low review scores.

If you think you can properly return all power serves in wii tennis then you arent playing anybody that is good. A power serve puts your player out of position and any decent player will then put it past you with the next shot, that's if you can return it in the first place which is down to luck more than skill due to you not actually controling the players movement, more often then not the computer will make your mii dive and against a power shot it can go any where. As for wii bowling, yeah it's just like real life, in real life i move an inch to the right and i get a strike or spare everytime...and boxing has little skill just swing your arms like mad man is all you have to do. In boxing you can't fight against your created mii's.

With mario party 8 do yourself a favour and actually read the reviews which state as fact stars get randomly awarded and taken away which breaks the game instead of arguing about a game you havent played. All the other games have the same basic flaws as wii sports a.k.a. short, shallow, too easy, no online, limited or no leaderboards, poor graphics, poor sound effects, hit and miss controls, poor a.i. etc.

3). Yes you can compare graphics between consoles, and they always will be compared, all three consoles can be brought now and all can play games, people look at them and can see what looks the best. So basically what your saying is, in a real life race it doesnt matter who can run the fastest it's all about personal best times, so the guy who can only run the 100 metres in 50 seconds but beats his best time by 3 seconds whould be rated higher then the guy who can run it in 9 seconds but only beat his best time by 0.1 seconds...hahaha no.

4). Yes i have seen that thread and it's just for one week, but what you fail to realise is for it to make sense for developers to support the wii over the x360/ps3 combo the wii needs to sell more than the x360/ps3 combo. Just using that one weeks worth of sales the wii has 875,000 in third party sales where as the x360/ps3 has 1,800,000 between them, that's more than double and not even close. And that's not even counting pc sales. Developers have to make wii play type games because those types of games sell more on the wii.

jimmay said:
HappySqurriel said:
jimmay said:

It's not personal preference, each reviewer comes to a game and reviews it on the same scale, it's the only fair way to do it. The bucket list isn't a great movie so that doesnt show anything. As for hana montana, reviewers gave it the score they did because kids like it. Kids normally have bad taste, immature taste and they arent old enough or wise enough to know any better, just because something is good to them doesn't make it good overall. So basically what your saying is, if something is designed to be short, shallow, easy and dumb because casual gamers who have bad taste in games like that then people can't critise it because that is what it was meant to be? hahaha yeah ok.

So all new music should be put to the standards of quality and technical merit of Opera and Classical music? All new movies should be reviewed under the standards of awards like the Oscars? If this was the case no rock, pop or country artist would see reviews above roughly 1%, and you would never see a comedy or action movie that would receive more than 1 star.

This isn't the case though, reviewers consider movies and music in the context of the genre they're released in; Britney Spears is an awful muscian but in the context of been a teen-pop icon she really isn't that bad (and the reviews demonstrate this); and movies like Knocked Up are awful but in the context of being a crude comedy it isn't that bad (and the reviews demonstrate this). The fact that you can not concede this point either demonstrates your ignorance or an amazing bias.

Videogame reviewers on the whole have not demonstrated this type of objectivity. No one is expecting a reviewer to go easy on Wii games (or any game) but they do want people to review Puzzle games (as an example) with the realization that there are certain elements that are important for it to be a good puzzle game and certain features people look for from a puzzle game; a puzzle game is not (necessarily) a shallow, easy or dumb game but it doesn't need a strong storyline, an online leaderboard, or multiple multiplayer modes in order to be a good game.

what are you talkin about 360s already dropped to second its been second world wide since dec 07     and nothing has caught it up ,,

there was a article at gamespot , stating wii took 1st place world wide ,  its got 20 mill plus

360 has 17 mill plus,,    that is shipped not sold,  wiis already sold its said numbers, because they are sold out

360s are still stocked at many retailers 

as is ps3s

nintendo earned their spot ,, rightfully they gave us what we hoped for plus what they tossed in to the mix

online -what many complained that gamecube didnt have

more mature titles-since launch red steel zelda upted to a t rating ,  cod3   moh 2 of them driver manhunt 2 a first time rockstar gave wii a m rated title,

they got bully out the godfather plus their titles ssbb galaxy super paper mario mario party8  metroid prime 3  it wont be long before more come ts4 is in development for wii

theres a far cry finally

a wwe game a quality one at least for what it is ,

they gave us virtual console we didnt even ask for that  or none expected backward capabilities let alone web browsers etc ,,

they just tosed in everything the only complaint i heard from fan boys is graphics well  like i said , graphics dont make a game , they in fact are the main cause for reviews to go a 5,5 or below

they can help yes but with the glitches many of the games expeirence with graphical issues , that is a mark down on the review side of things

and jimmy,  less top rated games? um your wrong,,  re4 metroid 3 re uc zelda  and more,  and i can say the same thing about ps2,,  mario galaxy is game of the year and top rated,  ssbb is 9,5 at ign  ,   sold alot on release ,  mario kart is gonna do the same,  

oh and re4 sold a million over a million even for a game that has been on 2 previous gen consoles, thats good

and your saying ps2 wasnt the best of last gen,, 

your wrong on that one to 

theres more racing platforming driving and fpses on wii then party games, wiis got nearly 800 games released and or in development , so your saying all 800 are mini game based i dont think so

less then half not even a quarter of wiis library consist of mini games and by the way in all territories aside from japn wii sports shouldnt count its a free game

you shouldnt be here jimmy if your not happy with wiis sales numbers to bad,, or with what wii offers again TOO BAD one person aint gonna stop wii from selling especally a graphics monster or how do you say it halo fan boy ,, 

and no ps3 has less top games then wii or 360 combine lol ,, im not even gonna go on because you dont know nothing , ps3 doesnt even have aaa titles yet

mario party may be stale but you know what halo is even more staler,, 

as is many fps that have been released  over the yrs

only a few of them have been good

goldeneye

perfect dark

duke nukem 3d

doom

timesplitters 1-3 soon 4  if it lives to expectations that is

hexen

thats itall other ones are stale as they come or just to short and easy with no replay value in em

the racing genre has more better games as does platforming and ,party (ssb mariokart wii sports wii play etc) you might not be the type who enjoys 4 player split screen play you may be the boringest person i just dont care goldeneye marioparty etc beat any halo made and any so called hard core title made, funny how this hardcore term is being used now,,  its a word that describes violence so if you think a game has to be violent to be good your 10 x more wronger then the person you replaied or has replied to you me included

120 million ps2s tells a long story

20 million wiis now tell that same story

graphics do not make a game nor does the amount of violence,

the gameplay is what makes a game and the replay value, split screen etc and to tell you somthing wii isnt like your 360 abandoning what made fps good ,,  splitscreen they kept it  ,,  and added multiplayer,     online

mariokart is a good example

as is ssbb

only 2 360 games that are worth buying kept that important aspect,perfect dark zero and halo 3 as crappy as it sounds

not 2 players 4 players getting it got it good!

stop complaining

wii has more top games then ps3 and 360 more games over all as well

so dont go there and by the way reviews dont mean nothing,

i know a practically good game that has gotten such a low score you wouldnt belive it,

timesplitters future perfect on the gamecube

7.4  ya tell me i aint seeing things

a 7.4 for a 8, 7 game on ps2 and xbox

what the heck  thats gamespot for you

oh same for  wwe 2008

5,5 on ps2 6,0 on other 2 systems , gamespot trying to pull people away from buying a other wise ok game

but they rated halo 3 based on hype

nothing more i played it and trust me it doesnt look to much different or play different from halo 1 halo 1 was the best of the 3

even with that imitation map editior halo 3 doesnt stand a chance against the original halo on xbox or pc definately

end of descussion you dont like wii ,  thats not our fault you take gamespots or some sites review and think they tell the truth 100 percent of the time

not mine

i play a game based on the information and screens videos etc not on some ones biased reviews further more i play franchises im familiar with, not games like lair , whic that was so over hype it got a 4.0

I like playing a game on my PC even tho, I have to admit, its ranking would be very low.

2.0 Presentation
No cut-scenes. No music. Lacking online options. Does load fast tho.
2.0 Graphics
Clear, but rather boring. Definitely not done in Blu-ray HD.
0 Sound
I don't think it even has any sound.
3.0 Gameplay
Ranks this high only because there is a bit of a puzzle factor to think thru.
10 Lasting Appeal
Destined to be played for years. One of the great single-player games of all time.
6.0 Overall. I like to play it as I said. Definitely a casual game.

I admit the game doesn't rank very high. And considering that it cost nothing extra (bundle-ware) and are mini-games, I think the term "shovelware" isn't that far off.

Still, how many others here play one of the solitaire games on their PCs?

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.