By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 still selling loads of games, huge sales 29th november week

walsufnir said:

Interesting to see how you know what so many people want to play if they buy a PS3 now.

Because it is obvious. If you wanted to play all the most recent software, a PS3 or 360 is the last thing you would buy. It isn't rocket science too see that they are already missing a lot of games and will soon only receive Fifas and CoDs.

It's just a matter of common sense. You missed all cool games of the gen and after years only seeing YouTube gameplays you finnaly get a PS360. First thing? Buy the blockbusters.

Why I know that? Simple. Where do you live? I assume that is on a 1st world country where people have way more resources for consoles. I live in Brazil. Consoles are expensive and I know a lot of guys getting a last gen console only now. The most well know games, like Uncharted 3, are perfect for them. They are older and cheaper and the best of the gen. I was a late adopter in previous gens, and that's basically what you do: grab the best.

Around the Network
torok said:
walsufnir said:

Interesting to see how you know what so many people want to play if they buy a PS3 now.

Because it is obvious. If you wanted to play all the most recent software, a PS3 or 360 is the last thing you would buy. It isn't rocket science too see that they are already missing a lot of games and will soon only receive Fifas and CoDs.

It's just a matter of common sense. You missed all cool games of the gen and after years only seeing YouTube gameplays you finnaly get a PS360. First thing? Buy the blockbusters.

Why I know that? Simple. Where do you live? I assume that is on a 1st world country where people have way more resources for consoles. I live in Brazil. Consoles are expensive and I know a lot of guys getting a last gen console only now. The most well know games, like Uncharted 3, are perfect for them. They are older and cheaper and the best of the gen. I was a late adopter in previous gens, and that's basically what you do: grab the best.

I am not so arrogant to make a statement like you did. It is obvious to you, still you are generalizing the buying behaviour of millions of people. Whatever they buy, they buy. It is *probable* that they buy some of the blockbusters but it could be that they mostly budget games for a console they bought at a budget price. Given most are buying it now because of price means many of the consoles are also gifts - gifts to children or people who are not so knowledgable about gaming like you or others. People that buy games because of covers or because there is "Lego" or "Disney" written on it. In summary, the casual crowd.

walsufnir said:

I am not so arrogant to make a statement like you did. It is obvious to you, still you are generalizing the buying behaviour of millions of people. Whatever they buy, they buy. It is *probable* that they buy some of the blockbusters but it could be that they mostly budget games for a console they bought at a budget price. Given most are buying it now because of price means many of the consoles are also gifts - gifts to children or people who are not so knowledgable about gaming like you or others. People that buy games because of covers or because there is "Lego" or "Disney" written on it. In summary, the casual crowd.

So you want some facts to back the argument? Here are the top selling games on Brazil in 2013. Fifa 13 is ahead of Fifa 14 because it's cheaper. The same with PES 2013 outselling PES 2014. BOPS2 outsells Ghosts. Far Cry 3 is on the list. Budget pricing games and just big well-know franchises. No Lego or Disney. So it's not a generalization, but the 2013 ranking.

About children, consoles here aren't in the price point of gifts. A PS3 here is more expensive than a PS4 in the US. I'm not being arrogant with my statements, I'm talking about a reality that I live and see every day.

Edit: Hell, even GTA IV, a 2008 game manages to rank in the top 10!

torok said:
walsufnir said:

So you want some facts to back the argument? Here are the top selling games on Brazil in 2013. Fifa 13 is ahead of Fifa 14 because it's cheaper. The same with PES 2013 outselling PES 2014. BOPS2 outsells Ghosts. Far Cry 3 is on the list. Budget pricing games and just big well-know franchises. No Lego or Disney. So it's not a generalization, but the 2013 ranking.

About children, consoles here aren't in the price point of gifts. A PS3 here is more expensive than a PS4 in the US. I'm not being arrogant with my statements, I'm talking about a reality that I live and see every day.

Edit: Hell, even GTA IV, a 2008 game manages to rank in the top 10!

Brazil is not ROW entirely and as you see I talked about budget consoles which doesn't apply to Brazil. You took the talk to Brazil alone why this was never my intention.

walsufnir said:

Brazil is not ROW entirely and as you see I talked about budget consoles which doesn't apply to Brazil. You took the talk to Brazil alone why this was never my intention.

The talk is about 3rd world countries and Brazil is on of them. PS3 and 360 are budget consoles here, since they are the cheapest thing available since we lost our US$ 200 PS2s. What happens is that ALL consolea are more expensive than in 1st world countries, and this isn't just in Brazil. Uruguay gets them a little cheaper, Argentina usually is more expensive. That's the reality on all 3rd world countries: people want to play and they normallly do it on PS360 , even if the pricing sucks. There isn't another option.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
arcaneguyver said:
walsufnir said:
Ninsect said:
walsufnir said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Even with black friday, big releases for 3ds , ps4 and xone The ps3 was The best software seller. Maybe sony's promise of 10 year life cycle ( with good games, not the shitty games consoles tends to get when they are already diyng.) will come true

Which games are on the roadmap from Sony for PS3?

FIFA, CoD, many other third party games.

Ok, so the same as 360.

There's also Yakuza 5, and whatever digital titles were announced in PSX. (All I remember is Suikoden 2.)

Yes, both platforms may still receive one or two exclusives but that's it. Digital games, tbh, do not count, in my opinion. Suikoden II is over 15 years old as many other games which get a digital release that get rereleased over all those years. There are a lot of other and cheaper ways to play these games.

Sort of deviating from topic, but is there a cheaper way to play Suiko 2? I bought it randomly from a flea market years ago not knowing what it was for $35, and the price has only gone up since then. I guess one could pirate the ISO, but I wouldn't count pirating as 'cheaper.' Based on PSX, I imagine Sony will be bringing games overseas for Vita & PS3 probably through 2016 (through that 'build the list' business), both physical and digital. In this way, they can continue to support the system, even without the crossgen games.

invetedlotus123 said:

Even with black friday, big releases for 3ds , ps4 and xone The ps3 was The best software seller. Maybe sony's promise of 10 year life cycle ( with good games, not the shitty games consoles tends to get when they are already diyng.) will come true

Thank japan for that IMO.

Alot of good japanese PS3 games came or will come out since the PS4 launched.

FentonCrackshell said:
I'm always surprised when I see old consoles like XBOX 360 and PS3 still selling this far into their life cycles. I'm like, "who didn't own these things for the past 10 years?"

Third world countries people for example.Here in Brazil,last year, PS3 was costing ~ R$ 1000(which is ~$500 dolars).Now we can find for about ~$400 dolars.

BraLoD said:
torok said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Brasileiro aqui também, legal , mas vou escrever em inglês em respeito aos gringos do forum

Well, i own a ps3 right now and i buy only digital , i want to upgrade next year, but ps4 still way overpriced and while xbone hás a more reasonable price in Brasil, im a PS guy . I can look at grey market options for ps4, but since i had a RROD experience with 360 i think twice before purchasing in grey market ever again. I think here in Brasil duo to circunstances The Xbox one is The best option...

With The price of The oficial ps4 I can buy an oficial xone and a new TV .

And there are those yearly games like FIFA, pés and COD that are going to sell loads around here anyway. 

Um compatriota! Tem muitos por aqui no fórum.

The best option to buy a PS4 here without going for the grey market options it to look for discounts. I got mine for R$ 1900 (and paid in 10X) in Leader, with 1 year of warranty. Extra has it for R$ 2099 right now, but Leader is without stock.

Tem até que bastante brasileiros por aqui xD

But oh well, let's stop this

2099 is still absurd, the grey market is the way to go, I know some stores that sell it for 1400-1600 and that's a decent price to our country.
There are some facebook groups where people trade and sell consoles and games and some stores join in to promote themselves, you can even talk with the owner to know about the console before buying it to get a little more comfortable, and if the store is in your city you can just go there and speak face to face with the guys to know about it.
But the best would be if you have family or friends that go to USA/EU and can get you a cheaper one, good thing PS system are not region locked.

Well, i'll look at that. Our economy being as crazy as it is now it wouldnt be a good a ideia spend r$ 3000,00 on a console. Like any other brazillian I want to work for government to havê a well paid and stable job. If it happens to me to passou at selection for TRE-GO a ps4 and a new TV are going to be my first purchase. I think with ps4 im going only digital.