By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 still selling loads of games, huge sales 29th november week

I feel Sony should cut the price of the PS3 already, it's way overpriced, and I think it would move Hardware way more with software if it does this, just from my perspective, the hardware week to week seems really bad with the PS3.

Around the Network
Admiralsnake said:
I feel Sony should cut the price of the PS3 already, it's way overpriced, and I think it would move Hardware way more with software if it does this, just from my perspective, the hardware week to week seems really bad with the PS3.

I guess they can't really as my guess is that the Cell is still a complex chip to make with all its cores.

walsufnir said:
Ninsect said:
walsufnir said:
invetedlotus123 said:

Even with black friday, big releases for 3ds , ps4 and xone The ps3 was The best software seller. Maybe sony's promise of 10 year life cycle ( with good games, not the shitty games consoles tends to get when they are already diyng.) will come true

Which games are on the roadmap from Sony for PS3?

FIFA, CoD, many other third party games.

Ok, so the same as 360.

What? Obviously. But most of those 3rd party games will sell more on PS3 due to it still selling quite well in the rest of the world. FIFA PS3 for instance has sold more on PS3 than 360+XB1 combined.

But I forgot all the Japanese games PS3 is still getting (like Persona 5).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Admiralsnake said:

It's still the highest selling 7th gen console week after week, excluding only BF week due to heavy 360 deals. Its 2014 sales are also around 400k higher than WiiUs still.
I do think it should get a $50 price drop though to last a bit longer. But I guess Sony really want people to grab PS4s instead.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

torok said:
FentonCrackshell said:
I'm always surprised when I see old consoles like XBOX 360 and PS3 still selling this far into their life cycles. I'm like, "who didn't own these things for the past 10 years?"

In 3rd world countries the PS3 and 360 are still expensive and only now are approaching an affordable price. PS4 and X1 are insanely expensive.

Everytime I saw and American complaining about the 500 bucks X1, I laughed. I paid that for my PS3 in 2011. And almost the double for my PS4. A DS4 costs 130 dollars on Brazil. And don't even ask about 3DS and Vita because portables sell way less here and are even more overpriced.

That explains why PS3 is outselling the 360 handily now. The main markets for 360 are US and UK, both early adopters. PS3 is stronger in the RoW, EU (that has big markets that are early adopters but others like the EU East are more late) and even Japan is a little more conservative when migrating gens.

Brasileiro aqui também, legal , mas vou escrever em inglês em respeito aos gringos do forum

Well, i own a ps3 right now and i buy only digital , i want to upgrade next year, but ps4 still way overpriced and while xbone hás a more reasonable price in Brasil, im a PS guy . I can look at grey market options for ps4, but since i had a RROD experience with 360 i think twice before purchasing in grey market ever again. I think here in Brasil duo to circunstances The Xbox one is The best option...

With The price of The oficial ps4 I can buy an oficial xone and a new TV .

And there are those yearly games like FIFA, pés and COD that are going to sell loads around here anyway. 

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
walsufnir said:
Ninsect said:

FIFA, CoD, many other third party games.

Ok, so the same as 360.

What? Obviously. But most of those 3rd party games will sell more on PS3 due to it still selling quite well in the rest of the world. FIFA PS3 for instance has sold more on PS3 than 360+XB1 combined.

But I forgot all the Japanese games PS3 is still getting (like Persona 5).

Yep, ROW is were the strength of Sony is in the long term. They don't need to support the platform as a developer, they can let others do it.

Japanese games, well, it's mostly a market on its own. Sure it will shift software but we as western gamers won't have much off it... At least Yakuza is coming.

invetedlotus123 said:

Brasileiro aqui também, legal , mas vou escrever em inglês em respeito aos gringos do forum

Well, i own a ps3 right now and i buy only digital , i want to upgrade next year, but ps4 still way overpriced and while xbone hás a more reasonable price in Brasil, im a PS guy . I can look at grey market options for ps4, but since i had a RROD experience with 360 i think twice before purchasing in grey market ever again. I think here in Brasil duo to circunstances The Xbox one is The best option...

With The price of The oficial ps4 I can buy an oficial xone and a new TV .

And there are those yearly games like FIFA, pés and COD that are going to sell loads around here anyway. 

Um compatriota! Tem muitos por aqui no fórum.

The best option to buy a PS4 here without going for the grey market options it to look for discounts. I got mine for R$ 1900 (and paid in 10X) in Leader, with 1 year of warranty. Extra has it for R$ 2099 right now, but Leader is without stock.

walsufnir said:

Yep, ROW is were the strength of Sony is in the long term. They don't need to support the platform as a developer, they can let others do it.

Japanese games, well, it's mostly a market on its own. Sure it will shift software but we as western gamers won't have much off it... At least Yakuza is coming.

For late adopters, new software is not as relevant. People buying a PS3 now will want to play God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Batman, and all the games they missed.

torok said:
walsufnir said:

For late adopters, new software is not as relevant. People buying a PS3 now will want to play God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear, Batman, and all the games they missed.

Interesting to see how you know what so many people want to play if they buy a PS3 now.

This is the real reason Wii U is struggling, PS360 is its competition.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection