By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last of Us PS4 vs Titanfall Xbox1: Which will sell more globally lifetime?

Which will sell more globally lifetime?

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 424 82.17%

Titanfall Xbox1 74 14.34%

Tie 18 3.49%

Total:516

I really could never have imagined how TLoU would end up being so successful.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
So ludicrouspeed wasn't expecting the game of the generation to outsell the undeserving port?

Why do sales matter? A lot of people here claim Last of Us was GOTG last gen but it got outsold by:

MK Wii
NSMB Wii
GTA V
Halo 3
Pretty much every CoD after MW
A slew of other titles

:)

Comparing a new IP with sequels of big AAA mainstream titles.....

besides since when sales = quality?

OttoniBastos said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:
So ludicrouspeed wasn't expecting the game of the generation to outsell the undeserving port?

Why do sales matter? A lot of people here claim Last of Us was GOTG last gen but it got outsold by:

MK Wii
NSMB Wii
GTA V
Halo 3
A slew of other titles

Comparing a new IP with sequels of big AAA mainstream titles.....

besides since when sales = quality?

I don't think you understand the conversation going on, especially with that last sentence.

Hopefully Titanfall, but probably TLOUR...

KLXVER said:

Coming from someone who actually enjoyed Titanfall, it doesn't deserve to sell more than The Last of Us. Fun game, no campaign and far less content compared to your other big time FPS. It might be the foundation needed for a successful franchise but it felt rushed, if it had come out even a few months later maybe we could have gotten a short campaign to explain to me why exactly we're fighting the origins of the world we're in and so on. Instead we got background noise during "campaign" missions.

Around the Network
DexInDaJungle said:
KLXVER said:

Coming from someone who actually enjoyed Titanfall, it doesn't deserve to sell more than The Last of Us. Fun game, no campaign and far less content compared to your other big time FPS. It might be the foundation needed for a successful franchise but it felt rushed, if it had come out even a few months later maybe we could have gotten a short campaign to explain to me why exactly we're fighting the origins of the world we're in and so on. Instead we got background noise during "campaign" missions.

Yeah, I take that back. No SP in a game is a downer...

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

MK Wii
NSMB Wii
GTA V
Halo 3
A slew of other titles

Besides CoD none of these games were dubbed unworthy, trash, cashgrab, rehash, idiotic buy or undeserving of release.

But I asked how many predicted the gotg would be outsold by filth TLOUR. I remember people having quite high expectations for TF and saying TLOUR would bomb.

And it is holidays so sales matter, remember?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Titanfall

The digital sales have to be pretty huge.

DonFerrari said:

Besides CoD none of these games were dubbed unworthy, trash, cashgrab, rehash, idiotic buy or undeserving of release.

What does any of that have to do with anything I have said, or this thread in general? Careful not to trip while backpedaling.

DonFerrari said:

But I asked how many predicted the gotg would be outsold by filth TLOUR. I remember people having quite high expectations for TF and saying TLOUR would bomb.

Well, you didn't. You asked in a sarcastic manner if I wasn't expecting the "game of the generation" to outsell "something negative" LoUR. Nothing about "how many". And why do I care about the expectations "people" had about either game? I already posted a link showing what mine were, months before LoUR launched. You know this, you named me in your post.

Idk, maybe call out one of those "people"? Hope that helps.

DonFerrari said:

And it is holidays so sales matter, remember?

Not in the context you used it, no it doesn't matter. Implying TF should outsell LoU because it's the "game of the generation". As I said, LoU on PS3 proves sales are irrelevant there. Anything else?

I doubt you will see Titanfall on access. EA does not own the ip.