By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last of Us PS4 vs Titanfall Xbox1: Which will sell more globally lifetime?

Which will sell more globally lifetime?

The Last of Us Remastered PS4 424 82.17%

Titanfall Xbox1 74 14.34%

Tie 18 3.49%

Total:516

TLOF because i'm bias.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Dallinor said:
BraLoD said:
Ninsect said:
Is it possible that TLoU 2 will have a bigger impact than Uncharted 4? TLoU sales are massive for a new IP.

Do you even need to ask?
The Last of Us 2 has potential to be the biggest PS4 exclusive game, in the it's whole life.
PS is full of big IP's but at this level was a thing we didn't see happen since the PS1 days.
The Last of Us 2 can be huge, huge! In a level I can't see Uncharted reach.

Dunno if it will happen, but 10M for a new IP is already more than anything Uncharted was able to do. Even more now with so many previous non-PS gamers that jumped to PS4 this gen. Everyone knows about The Last of Us.

You have to consider though that Uncharted saw 3 releases, each one outselling the previous iteration. It's a franchise that's still, as far as we can tell, in a state of growth. Which is remarkable really. It's also a new IP and sold 20m copies last gen. A Theifs End, if it follows the same pattern, and taking into account the shift that's taken place this generation, will probably be collossal, and easily the biggest seller in the series yet.  

We don't know (although I suspect its very possible) if TLOU can also show the same level of growth from its sequels.

Also despite how large either one of these games could potentially be, unless PD really make a gargantuan blunder and fail to improve on GT5 and GT6 in a meaningful way, GT7 will probably take the spot as the (single) biggest exclusive game on the PS4.

I do expect the Unchart to still grow a lot, jumping to 9M to state my opinion.
And can't see The Last of Us 2 doing anything less than 10M, in the worst case. I expect it to go over 15M if released in 2017 and the PS4 can maintain it's peak. GT 7 can be really big if they can fuse the experience with Morpheus, unless it happens I can't see it going over 15M as I can see with The Last of Us.

I can't even start to imagine the hype a TLOU 2 would cause in the internet when announced.
We are talking about the game of the generation hands down to a big share of gamers/media.

Only GTA 6 I can see beating it (easily).

I'm a big Last of Us fan, but I'm not sure if The Last of Us 2 will get to 10 million.  Should outsell the first though, but a good portion of Last of Us PS4 owners are probably repeat buyers (me included).  I could see the Last of Us 2 PS4 getting to around 7+ million.  We don't even know if any of the characters from the first game is coming back for the sequel. 

LoU HD is in a holiday bundle (with GTA V no less) and on a console with a huge install base advantage.

It would be shocking if it didn't outsell Titanfall.

LudicrousSpeed said:

LoU HD is in a holiday bundle (with GTA V no less) and on a console with a huge install base advantage.

Earlier this year around April, you would have said completely the opposite.

DerNebel said:
Had you asked this question in March people would've thought you're crazy for even thinking that TLOU:R could outsell the mighty Titanfall, the game with the biggest hype ever, most awards a game had ever gotten at E3 and Gamescom, the game that would single handidly save the X1...and now it looks like TLOU:R will pretty much outsell it without much of a doubt. Funny how that goes.

For how much people were treating this like a huge game changer the impact it eventually made has been ridiculously miniscule.

Well remembered man.   It's really crazy to see how things turned out to be. 

Around the Network

I'm struggling to find the point in this comparison.

Gee, I wonder which will sell more. The game that launched on a low selling console, when the console had only been out for 4 months, or the game that launched when the wildly more successful console had been out for 8 months.

A more interesting and meaningful poll would be between Titanfall on Xbox One vs Infamous Second Son on P4.

This is kind of a silly question considering the fact that The Last of Us on PS4 is not only going outsell the XBOne version of Titanfall but it will do so by a very wide margin. I personally wouldn't be surprised if The Last of Us PS4 outsells Titanfall XBOne by a factor of two to one or greater.

bevochan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Earlier this year around April, you would have said completely the opposite.

Just because you were saying the complete opposite in April (this isn't your first poll on sales between these two games) doesn't mean I was saying the opposite in April.

A big userbase edge early in the gen is a pretty monstrous advantage to have. Couple that with LoU being bundled with GTA V, and an even bigger userbase advantage than there was in April, it's a no brainer.

So ludicrouspeed wasn't expecting the game of the generation to outsell the undeserving port?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
So ludicrouspeed wasn't expecting the game of the generation to outsell the undeserving port?

Why do sales matter? A lot of people here claim Last of Us was GOTG last gen but it got outsold by:

MK Wii
NSMB Wii
GTA V
Halo 3
Pretty much every CoD after MW
A slew of other titles

:)