By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV English Voice Trailer

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 trailer English voice version
posted on 12.15.14 at 11:30 AM EST by Sal Romano (@salromano)
Hear the English voice actors for the first time.

Square Enix has released the English voice version of the Tokyo Game Show trailer for Final Fantasy XV.  

This is the first time we’re hearing the English voice actors.

Watch the trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83yNNl5_Ezo

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/final-fantasy-xv-tgs-2014-trailer-english-voice-version

Around the Network

Well this is new to me, never heard Japanese VA in an FF before I had already heard the English VA. Anyway freaking loving it.

Sounds good so far but here's hoping for a new trailer in the near future

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have been defeated..

Sounds pretty good to me. I have always perferred english over japanese voices, even if sometimes they are cringe worthy. They all have their own distinct personality (the tough guy, the serious one, the joker and then whatever noc is) just based off their voices, albeit not very original ones.

Really looking forward to it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I think it sounds very anime-ish which I don't like, but looking at the characters I don't know what I was expecting lol.

Seriously though ffXII set the standard for voice acting in the series, these characters seem too overplayed. The grizzly hulk, the literal dude, the smart english guy and a protagonist too cool to speak in full voice.

Apart from the generic tough guy voice I like the way it sounds.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Ktay stole my damn thread. My tablet was going so damn slow and I knew that it was going to free up time for somebody to beat me to it but whatever..

I dont think I like Gladious's voice. Noctis and Prompto's voice's are ok and ingus(if I remember correctly) sounds a bit too.. hmm.. butler-ish? Idk

I wish those japanese voice actors knew english so they could just do both versions lol. I watched the japanese version of the trailer NON-F***KING-STOP so I guess I kinda warmed up to their japanese voices a bit too much but I can deal with it

I pictured them as British for some reason. XD
Still, pretty good.

teigaga said:
I think it sounds very anime-ish which I don't like, but looking at the characters I don't know what I was expecting lol.

Seriously though ffXII set the standard for voice acting in the series, these characters seem too overplayed. The grizzly hulk, the literal dude, the smart english guy and a protagonist too cool to speak in full voice.

Yeah the voice acting in XII is fantastic. Probably the best voice acting I've ever heard in a video game.

Anyway, the voice acting in this sounds okay, I suppose.