By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which console had the worst Zelda games?

?

NES- Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 93 17.38%

SNES- A Link to the Past 6 1.12%

N64- Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask 16 2.99%

Gamecube- Wind Waker and ... 31 5.79%

Wii- Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword 61 11.40%

Gameboy- Link's Awakening 22 4.11%

Gameboy Color- Oracle of Ages and Seasons 63 11.78%

Gameboy Advance- Four Swords and Minish Cap 46 8.60%

DS- Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks 193 36.07%

3DS- A Link Between Worlds 4 0.75%

Total:535
ExplodingBlock said:
Alright who is the lil shit who voted n64

Around the Network

Ds.

I didn't even finished the first one, and the second one was even worse ...according to my brother, because i didn't even wanted to play this game.

toot1231 said:
the_dengle said:

WHAT. Why do so many people think the Oracles are the worst?! Those games are great!

I know they are the most underrated Zelda games a long with Minish cap I found those 3 games better than both the Wii games (skyward sword and TP wii version)

I like Minish Cap too. But I rank the Oracles right up there with ALTTP in the 2D games. They're really great.

Phillips CDi.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

POE said:
The DS.
But on home consoles the Wii and the gamecube share the worst 3D Zelda (Twilight Princess).

Weird, Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game ever

Around the Network

DS overall I guess.

I wasn't a big fan of Wind Waker so of the consoles I'd have to go with GC.

My 8th gen collection

I am sad for gamer-dom, that 38 people here actually answered NES. Get real. Zelda 1 was an institution and a perennial classic, and Zelda 2, while unorthodox, was ahead of it's time in many ways, and while super challenging, was also very rewarding to play through and master. Unless people's reasons for voting were "graphics" (which is shallow and sad), then I'm sorry, there is no reality that exists in which NES had the "worst Zeldas".

The easy answer, if you ask me, is DS. Neither PH or ST were "bad" games, but they were underwhelming, odd experiments that tried different things, but felt more like "side games". GC would also get my vote, simply because I didn't personally care much for WW. Though to be fair, on the other hand, I consider TP a GC game (because it was), which I consider the best 3D Zelda they've yet made.

In general, every system Nintendo has put out, has had at least one good, solid Zelda game on it. Even WW, which I dislike, I stil recognize is a solid game. But like I said, the easy answer has to be DS. I just feel like those are two of the least talked about, least regarded Zelda releases of all time.

Too easy. DS all the way. Those two games were unbearable. Never even came close to finishing them.

I actually liked the DS versions. Did I love them? Heavens no, but I thought they were still pretty good.

I voted OG GB because Link's Awakening wasn't that good from what I've played

curl-6 said:
NES.
The original has not aged well, and Zelda 2 was awful even for its time.

What? I loved Zelda 2, was a great game, if you where good at it.