By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo shouldn't release a new console earlier than PS5.

Experimental42 said:
KLXVER said:
Nintendo still wont get the third party support Sony and MS will have. They just don't do business like MS and Sony does...

Yeah, you're 100% wrong. Third parties would jump all over any console that sells well and is easy to develop for, especially if it shares the same architecture and power as the competition. Coincidentally, Nintendo is looking for designers to make a powerful console that's easy to use.

Nintendo exclusive games AND comparable multiplats? It's pretty much a lock for best of gen if they go that route.

This, also they said the same thing about XBOX, look at all the 3rd party support it got in one generation. It can be done.

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:

A common theme on these forums is that Nintendo should announce a new console by 2016. How about no, because that's the dumbest thing they could do. The Sega Dreamcast's death is partially attributable to its early release. 

That can be easily refuted. The Xbox 360's early release increased its lifetime sales by 400% over the previous generation.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Aquietguy said:
DélioPT said:

They said that developing in HD enviroment was hard because it was new to them, but by this time it's something already old to them.
But if i recall correctly, only Retro was hiring a lot of people, with other companies just adding your usual number of newcomers.

I don't think things are as easy as just increasing staff to develop 2 projects at once.
Look at Nintendo's past. During the GC when they still had a good number of western studios, the console saw little support or even meaningful support in it's late years, but that was somewhat compensated with a lot of 3rd parties who provided the most wanted/common genres in variaty and quantity.
Same thing for the Wii. Although in its case Nintendo's output in last two years was even worse than during GC days. But they a console that sold well and 3rd parties released games for that market, so...

Nintendo has less studios than before so Nintendo can't be helped like before.
Deals can be made, but how many smaller studios like Big Red Button are there in the West, with quality staff, to develop games paid by Nintendo?
And even 2nd party studios need time to prepare for next gen, too. Don't cunt on them to release a lot of games in 2 years.

And in Japan it's even worse.
Not even the great friends of old time or backing Nintendo anymore. And even if Nintendo could sustain Wii U in the west, how could do that in Japan?
Deals could be made, but it seems only a few companies are willing to do it with Nintendo and that wouldn't be enough to fill on Nintendo's absence when it starts developing for next gen.

Simply put, in it's last two years Wii U will face serious droughts from Nintendo and besides a number of deals, Nintendo doesn't have enough studios to cover them, no 3rd parties to sustain the console with newer titles - or even old titles, for that matter - nor the console had a big library to really attract new customers... it doesn't even have it now, or else it would be doing a lot better.

They should have been adding people. You can only use the "its not that simple as just adding develpoers" forever. Even thought, the Wii U is still fine as in it will the second console of choice for most as more games come and evenual price drops.

But the problem is they aren't doing that. It seems that only Retro hired a lot of people.
So far, there are no news of them building more western studios.

It would be great if more games and price drops made Wii U a a viable choice for second console, but that didn't help the GC which had a more vast and diverse line-up (same goes for XB). The second console for the majority of gamers seem to be XB1 or PS4.

DélioPT said:

But the problem is they aren't doing that. It seems that only Retro hired a lot of people.

It would be great if more games and price drops made Wii U a a viable choice for second console, but that didn't help the GC which had a more vast and diverse line-up (same goes for XB). The second console for the majority of gamers seem to be XB1 or PS4.

If they aren't it's there own fault. The only thing they should be concerned with besides working on the next console is games.

Also, what seems to be and what is is not the same. There are many on the fence about the U. Sure, there will be the people who are conditioned to hate Nintendo. But they have more fans than you think. But, like I said, if they aren't working the ability to produce more games it's their fault. It has a nice line up now with a very solid 2015. If somone buys a Wii U it won't be for one game. There are plenty of good games out now. The only people who won't are those who don't like Nintendo games. Which is OK because everything ain't for everybody.

Aquietguy said:
DélioPT said:

If they aren't it's there own fault. The only thing they should be concerned with besides working on the next console is games.

Also, what seems to be and what is is not the same. There are many on the fence about the U. Sure, there will be the people who are conditioned to hate Nintendo. But they have more fans than you think. But, like I said, if they aren't working the ability to produce more games it's their fault. It has a nice line up now with a very solid 2015. If somone buys a Wii U it won't be for one game. There are plenty of good games out now. The only people who won't are those who don't like Nintendo games. Which is OK because everything ain't for everybody.

It's true. If they aren't making more games it's because they didn't prepare themselves like they should have.

I believe that Wii U can at least reach GC numbers.
But if it does it will be an acomplishment, because if you compare both libraries, GC had way more games and way more diversity.

Wii U basically has Nintendo games, Lego games, Skylanders, Just Dance and a few minor games. In total, 24 for this year. Gamecube in the same time period had... i stopped counting when i reached 100. But i wouldn't be too far off if i say it had at least 140.
It's true that if you had eshop games Wii U's numbers grow a good amount, but they aren't at retail and they aren't "main" games to gamers.

See the difference? GC managed to reach those numbers because at least consumers had a lot to choose from.
That's why i say that if Nintendo can, in the same time, reach GC's numbers it will really be something special, because it's really hard to convince MS and Sony fans to buy a console that had too little to offer even if the first party games are some of the best Nintendo ever did.