By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid back on PC where it belongs!

Will You Buy Metal Gear Solid 5 on PC?

Hell Yea! 74 30.08%

Hell No! 64 26.02%

Meh, i'll settle for the console version 106 43.09%

Total:244
Eddie_Raja said:

Well I never said we would run it well.  How I look at it, he could just run it as the absolute minium settings in like 540p for a year or whatever until he gains acces to a stronger PC.

Believe it or not, 540p at 25 FPS is better than nothing sometimes.

Hahahaha, that's true. But for it's just a temporary problem, next year I will grab a shiny 970 and get back to the game with style.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
Eddie_Raja said:
It's nice that it is on PC, but it will look just as good on PS4 and also run at 60 FPS. Plus the best online community will guaranteed be on PS4, and I love MGO to death.

All true. Plus, I just have to play MGS on a PlayStation system. And I'm giving up on the miserable experience that has been PC gaming.

Has it really been that bad??

PC gaming is pretty dreadful unless you invest A LOT of time and money into it

^I am so tired of this myth.

Not as tiring as the myth where a PC built at a similar price to a console will beat it on graphics throughout the gen.

Therefore Kane is correct. PC gaming is dreadful unless you do invest money into it.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Kane1389 said:

Not as tiring as the myth where a PC built at a similar price to a console will beat it on graphics throughout the gen.

Therefore Kane is correct. PC gaming is dreadful unless you do invest money into it.

I'm pretty sure that myth happens only because of misinterpretations. I can't believe anyone would suggest what you're saying. That said, if you buy a lot of games, it could be true (considering total cost, and not just equipment cost).

Zkuq said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Kane1389 said:

I'm pretty sure that myth happens only because of misinterpretations. I can't believe anyone would suggest what you're saying. That said, if you buy a lot of games, it could be true (considering total cost, and not just equipment cost).

So do you believe a PC is capable of similar graphics to a console at a similar price, or do you agree with kane that it requires an investment to achieve the extra graphics over consoles which PC gamers boast about?

It doesnt happen because of misinterpretations, it happens because PC gamers are vague about their comments. they either say

1) gaming PC's cant be built for as much as a console (which I agree with, but doesnt paint the whole picture)

or

2) gaming PC's perform better than consoles. (which I agree with, but doesnt paint the whole picture)

for 1) they never say that PC will perform worse than a console and for 2) they never say the extra investment required to achieve that extra performance.

I bought Ground Zeroes for the PS4 so im getting TPP for the PS4 too.

Around the Network

I bought GZ for my PS4, but would love to see it on my shiny new PC... Don't know which I'll get, the PC version for better graphics, or... PS4 version for I don't know :p

Yep.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BossPuma said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL This is hilarious. Games will come to PC as they will. In this day and age you shouldn't ignore any source where profit can come from, but PC will definitely bring in the least profit. They should come to grips as to the reason why console gamers have become the prime focus. If graphics is all you can wrap your head around rather than being where the source of the games are you....philosophically your head is in the wrong place. Enjoy your console ports.

Pc games are actually more profitable per game because companies don't have to worry about dealing with packaging and brick and mortar retailers. Steam also has amazing longevity with their titles because of the online community surrounding them. I definitely wouldn't count PC gamers as least important for Konami.

If you say so....then I cant wait to see more third party games holding back from console versions to gain profit like Far Cry, Witcher and others. Steam is the saving grace of PC gaming. If this wasnt so Gabe Newell wouldnt be seen as a semi-god to PC gamers. PC gamers are the least important for Konami, but it isnt wise to ignore PC gamers at the same time. Its always been console who kept them afloat. PC gaming is great Steam because it discounts prices and has no rival when it comes to seasonal deals. This is also why Steam is trying to liken itself to consoles so it has a central hub of gaming for all PC gamers. Anyhow, this had to happen. No formidable platform with a good enough audience should be ignored.

That^^^

This is sad but so true. Without Steam PC gaming would not be in a very good shape today.

The Steam discounts is the key to its success, pirating was (and is still) a pest on the PC world and Steam ways to discounts games are the only way to be viable on this platform (ROI wise) other than having online games (MMO, Starcraft/Diablo model etc...).

The other huge issue with PC gaming is cheating which is just so omnipresent and yes you can avoid it but at what cost and you never know if you are actually playing again cheaters or not unless you are in a high level kind of play (ie. competition).

I lost faith in PC gaming 10 years ago and I will never go back other than playing Blizzard's games and some single player games (Civilization, etc...) on Steam.

That being said, I'm always happy when a game is coming to PC. So this is good news :)

fps_d0minat0r said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Kane1389 said:
zero129 said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
Eddie_Raja said:
It's nice that it is on PC, but it will look just as good on PS4 and also run at 60 FPS. Plus the best online community will guaranteed be on PS4, and I love MGO to death.

All true. Plus, I just have to play MGS on a PlayStation system. And I'm giving up on the miserable experience that has been PC gaming.

Has it really been that bad??

It depends on the console.  It would cost me ~$600 to build a PS4, but an Xbox One?  ~$400.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

fps_d0minat0r said:
Zkuq said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Kane1389 said:

So do you believe a PC is capable of similar graphics to a console at a similar price, or do you agree with kane that it requires an investment to achieve the extra graphics over consoles which PC gamers boast about?

It doesnt happen because of misinterpretations, it happens because PC gamers are vague about their comments. they either say

1) gaming PC's cant be built for as much as a console (which I agree with, but doesnt paint the whole picture)

or

2) gaming PC's perform better than consoles. (which I agree with, but doesnt paint the whole picture)

for 1) they never say that PC will perform worse than a console and for 2) they never say the extra investment required to achieve that extra performance.

Why don't you just stop it with the sweeping generalizations?  The "PC Master Race" people are retards.  However it often isn't much more to build an equivalent PC, but again it depends on the console.  Some consoles like the PS4 offer FAR more value for the price than others...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

He should put MGS4 on PC. Id rebuy it