By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid back on PC where it belongs!

Will You Buy Metal Gear Solid 5 on PC?

Hell Yea! 74 30.08%

Hell No! 64 26.02%

Meh, i'll settle for the console version 106 43.09%

Total:244
Lyrikalstylez said:
Pc gaming is too much of a hassle, nobody that has a life has time to build that crap

You're implying that it is actually hard to build a PC? I built my monster rig in a couple of hours. There are also plenty of stores that will put it together for you. If you werent interested in PC gaming then i don't see why you even came to this thread.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Ok but 1 why would a person buy a 300€ PC for gaming?? But even so! i bet i could find a PC for 300 or less that can play all games looking better then PS3 and x360 that comes with accesories then add another 200-300 if you want and you have a PC that will blow the PS4 and X1 out of the water. Next year it will be even cheaper again remember that..

So you're telling me you could buy a PC for 300 that could play games that are as good as a console worth 150? 

And if by blowing out of the water you mean the diff in the 2 versions of this game then that's not blowing out of anything. 

By that logic PS4 blows the X1 out of the water. 

And you can spend 3000 on a pc for all you want but that won't stop the best part of the MGS community not being on PC. 

fps_d0minat0r said:
Zkuq said:

The latter. I said the myth appears because people misinterprete people that defend the cost of PC gaming. Personally I have yet to see a single person that would have claimed what the myth states. It's a misinterpretation, although the other side is being vague too. But saying that console gaming is cheaper is a vague generalization too, and one that happens quite often, so I can't really blame the PC people here.

I assume you mean that because of software costs? But even in that, best case scenario for PC gamers is get digital games for dirt cheap, but the best case scenario for console gamers is to buy games, play them, then sell them for a PROFIT pre-owned. for the same amount of money, you can play far more games on console and keep the favourite ones. on PC you have to keep what you buy so for more games, you have to shell out more. no trades.

Yes, I meant software costs mainly. And you are correct, although it's not that simple. Last I heard, you don't typically get a very good portion of your money back when you sell your game, and then there's the fact that PC games are typically quite a bit cheaper even if you buy them brand new. Comparing costs is not a simple thing and depends a whole lot on your consuming habits. Why only a few games per year? You're probably better off getting a console, if those games are 'new' on some standard. Buy a ton of games, planning to keep them? PC gaming would be a good bet. Want to resell your games? Yeah, that's going to get tricky. Depending on the exact numbers, it could be tricky to determine which one is cheaper. In many situations, I imagine it's consoles.

In addition to console costs, I also meant that almost everyone has a PC that must be upgraded every now and then anyway. If you're going to have to upgade your PC anyway, it'll reduce the amount you pay for gaming capabilities on your PC. This is a simple point many people seem to always forget. Of course if you don't own a PC at all, this won't apply to you - but most people do own a PC, and I imagine most people upgrade their PCs every few years (or in a time span that's probably comparable to new consoles coming out).

On a side note, stupid fat cat. Almost undid my text. Thankfully I have Ctrl+Z.