By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamepad poll - Should Nintendo consider removing Gamepad from future bundles?

Should Nintendo consider removing the gamepad from future WiiU bundles.

Remove the gamepad 98 34.75%

Keep the gamepad 155 54.96%

View results 29 10.28%

Total:282

Should have 4 options.

Keep gamepad ( have the Wii U)
Lose gamepad (have the Wii U)
Keep gamepad (don't have wii U)
lose gamepad (don't have wii u)

For all we know there are tons of people that are voting one way or another that have had ZERO hands on with the gamepad and thus their opinion moot. I mean shoudl we listen to someone saying that the show "the flash" should be cancelled when someone who has never seen the show is saying so.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Should have 4 options.

For all we know there are tons of people that are voting one way or another that have had ZERO hands on with the gamepad and thus their opinion moot. I mean shoudl we listen to someone saying that the show "the flash" should be cancelled when someone who has never seen the show is saying so.

The Flash should be cancelled. I've never seen it, but its a horrible show... Trust me :]

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

irstupid said:
Should have 4 options.

Doesn't guarantee they would vote in right category. That's why I added view results hopefully people that haven't used a WiiU gamepad would simply look at the result.  

irstupid said:
Should have 4 options.

Yes but your analysis is wrong. The most valuable opinions are of those who don't have a wii u, since they may be persuaded to purchase one. Obviously most of the people who have one already are fine with the gamepad. And I doubt there are many people who haven't had a least some experience with the gamepad, even if just at an in store kiosk.

Only profits matter not sales

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
McGilliguts said:
super_etecoon said:
McGilliguts said:
No gamepad please. It's as useless as the second screen on the 3ds.

How is offscreen play useless?  How is a persistent map useless?  How is real time item selection useless?  How is asynchronous gameplay useless?  How is drawing on a tablet some of the coolest pictures I've seen on this side of the internet useless?  Really...you may not be interested in any of that (I can't see why) but for many a people those are features.  Those are features many of us think should be standard for gaming going forward.  This is exactly why this concept needs to die.  You guys just want Nintendo's console to be a cookie cutter of the competition.  Why?  

The screen is too poor for offscreen IMO. If i wanted that, I'd get a handheld.

And you can only look at one screen at a time, so most of the gamepad s other functions can be replaced by the pause button.

There are a few other things such as the scanning in zombiu, but honestly those get old after fifteen minutes.

The screen is amazing.  Half the time I find myself looking at it instead of the tv anyway.  I can look t both screens no problem...and my phone to boot. We are a multitasking culture...that's not going away.  I don't think many developers have utilized the gamepad in revolutionary ways...but that doesn't mean I don't think it isn't revolutionary.  These things take time.  Even when dual sticks were made available not all developers utilized them.

But human eyes can only focus on one area at a time. At best you are looking at the second screen with peripheral vision, seems easier just to pause the game.

McGilliguts said:
irstupid said:
Should have 4 options.

Yes but your analysis is wrong. The most valuable opinions are of those who don't have a wii u, since they may be persuaded to purchase one. Obviously most of the people who have one already are fine with the gamepad. And I doubt there are many people who haven't had a least some experience with the gamepad, even if just at an in store kiosk.

But the people who have Wii U's might not have been pursuaded to get one if it lacked the gamepad as a key feature. I don't think anyone really thinks the gamepads a key reason for the lack of  Wii U sales. They're just grasping a straws trying to think what Nintendo can do to change the situation.

I would only remove it if it meant selling a Wii-U for $199.99 or less. Otherwise, I think it would hurt more than help.

What nintendo should do is give a largly cosmetic update to the gamepad. Make it look a lot cooler, refine the ergonomics and improve the battery. Then they can label the system the New Wii U. Then all the people who think the Wii U is an accessory for the wii might think, Oh look, there's an incremental update of the wii. I might buy one to go with my New 3ds.

McGilliguts said:
super_etecoon said:
McGilliguts said:
super_etecoon said:
McGilliguts said:
No gamepad please. It's as useless as the second screen on the 3ds.

How is offscreen play useless?  How is a persistent map useless?  How is real time item selection useless?  How is asynchronous gameplay useless?  How is drawing on a tablet some of the coolest pictures I've seen on this side of the internet useless?  Really...you may not be interested in any of that (I can't see why) but for many a people those are features.  Those are features many of us think should be standard for gaming going forward.  This is exactly why this concept needs to die.  You guys just want Nintendo's console to be a cookie cutter of the competition.  Why?  

The screen is too poor for offscreen IMO. If i wanted that, I'd get a handheld.

And you can only look at one screen at a time, so most of the gamepad s other functions can be replaced by the pause button.

There are a few other things such as the scanning in zombiu, but honestly those get old after fifteen minutes.

The screen is amazing.  Half the time I find myself looking at it instead of the tv anyway.  I can look t both screens no problem...and my phone to boot. We are a multitasking culture...that's not going away.  I don't think many developers have utilized the gamepad in revolutionary ways...but that doesn't mean I don't think it isn't revolutionary.  These things take time.  Even when dual sticks were made available not all developers utilized them.

But human eyes can only focus on one area at a time. At best you are looking at the second screen with peripheral vision, seems easier just to pause the game.

Have you played WindWaker on the Gamepad?  I can switch weapons on the fly...dragging them to new buttons seamlessly.  I'm not going to continue trying to convice you of the benefits of this second screen.  There are few Nintendo WiiU owners who don't like the experience.  They have played it, experienced it, and many feel that it is one of the best controllers Nintendo has ever made. I'm sorry that to you it is useless.  To me it's integral to the WiiU experience.  I really don't fault you for your opinion, but feel compelled to argue against its merit.