By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If torrenting is gone, won't we just find another way to pirate?

Once again Thepiratebay is offline because of swedish police seizing servers they found. So it just made we think, even if torrenting is finally gone and deleted off the internet for good won't people just find another way to pirate content?

We went from using P2P programs like Kazaa, Morpheus and Ares to using torrent programs. It seems like its going t be a never ending battle, you have what seems like a minority going up against a huge majority of the internet.

Should they just stop trying to get rid of pirating and just hope that people can make a good judgment when the price of the product is reasonable enough to buy. Should companies focus more on making there product affordable to the public?

Around the Network

Thepiratebay isn't the only torrenting site.

Clyde32 said:

Obviously but it's one of the biggest, I'm just saying if the majority or all of torrenting websites are shut down.

Yea, we already have other methods such as online file sharing or Usenet which will replace it if torrenting would ever really be gone which won't happen to begin with

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Torenting is only the type of data transfer. Like you said we went from P2P to Torrenting etc...
Torenting is only a way to do it. No nobody can stop it.
They would need to have the whole world agree on doing the police work of the internet and even then, everybody would find ways to share files.

Of course they would make it so that 50-70% of the population would not be able to find it because they are not tech savvy but that won't stop them from asking their friends etc...
No it can't be stopped and will never be.

If you think you're gaming too much, Game even more !

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

This. 

Gilgamesh said:
Clyde32 said:

Obivously but it's one of the biggest, I'm just saying if the majority or all of torrenting websites are shut down.

no. Most of the torrents on piratebay are available on other sites.  If fact there are better sites than that for roms.  Piratebay simply had better verification on certain files via the active comment section. 

I'll set sail i guess

Edit: oh you meant that piracy, ignore my post shouldn't have commented before reading

Well we've been pirating since the 1400s, no way we are going to stop with just this.

the powa of torrent!!!!