By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What NEEDS to be added in Uncharted 4 before release!

fireburn95 said:
Remove water for better IGN reviews

Lol the sad thing about this is that Uncharted 4 is going to get trashed in its reviews if they dont add some of this stuff.

I can see it now. " Don't get us wrong Uncharted 4 is a great game for the Playstation 4 and all Playstation fans deserve to play it but at the end of the day, it's just simply being outdid by other games in the same genre. While there are some new perks to the gameplay, they're still living in the past and come up short in others. Like come on, NaughtyDog, you mean to tell me that we're on this huge island but there are no secret paths we can explore? We are in a brand new generation and we still have no wildlife interaction while in a ridiculously huge island tgat would obviously have wildlife? Other games from past generations in the same genre were able to do it but Uncharted still can't?"

I'll be shocked if these reviewers dont attempt to slay Uncharted if it doesn't add these in some way..

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:

Would not like an upgrade system I like Uncharted to feel more improvisational than progressive.  Also are you forgetting petting the Yaks in Uncharted 2!?  Seriously though the other ones all sound great though the stealth they showed is cool for me.

I agree and I never cared for the Tombs in TR.I want U4 to just be better and more open with more items to use for combat/traverse and it looks like we will get that.RPG eloements are not needed period.

So you basically want it to turn into a different franchise? Your description sounds like a weird hybrid of Tomb Raider and The Last of Us, with a little bit of Red Dead Redemption.

Can't say I agree with any of that. If anything, I think the improvements they apparently made, given the demo, are more than enough - enemies seem smarter, you can stealthily approach them if you so desire, etc.

Floors. So that you don't fall into an endless oblivion of nothingness

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

artur-fernand said:
So you basically want it to turn into a different franchise? Your description sounds like a weird hybrid of Tomb Raider and The Last of Us, with a little bit of Red Dead Redemption.

Can't say I agree with any of that. If anything, I think the improvements they apparently made, given the demo, are more than enough - enemies seem smarter, you can stealthily approach them if you so desire, etc.

Exactly. I don't want Uncharted copying other games especially when originslly it was called a TR or Gears rip off.Now that it has come into it's own franchise,making it like other games would ruin what made it great.

Around the Network

I heard Nate's chest hair is effected by the wind physics, pubes should be the same.
Oh and those stealth mechanics, the more the better. Love me some stealth kills =D

enditall727 said:]

But you would be able to jump in with or without enhancing Drakes skills. For example, lets say that Drakes "power" can be upgraded 4 times before maxing out throughout the game. Each level would take like 2 less punches for you to throw at an enemy before killing him. So if you were fighting a big strong enemy bare-fisted, it would takr an unleveled level 1 powered Drake about 15 hits without using a weapon. On the other hand, a max leveled level 5 Drake would take him out in about 7. 

Also, you wouldn't like to have the optiin to upgrade your guns clip ammo, recoil, fire rate, etc? I mean you could still beat the game without enhancing anything, it would just make it harder. And like in The Last Of Us, I would like to get rewarded if I decided to search specific areas.

I don't know if you played it or not but there was always a chance of you finding weapon parts(for upgrading weapons) and those pills(for enhancing the characters skills) in The Last Of Us. Right now the only thing you can find in Uncharted is those 101 Treasures. The upgrade system will add atleast 2 more additional things for the player to be able to find throughout the environment in Uncharted now. 

It also gives ghe player an excuse to want to look around and enjoy the little details in the world Naughty Dog crafted

You wouldn't want that? Ehh.. idk.. I feel like if they did it right, they could make it work for people who dont want yo bother with the enhancements

I platinumed TLoU and Remastered but I like the more lighthearted, less RPGishness of Uncharted.  It's a game I can just romp through where TLoU I always take it slow because it matches the tone.  I'm not opposed to an upgrade system I'm just not asking for it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

artur-fernand said:

Red dead redemption? Lol wtf

Are you saying this because of the wildlife part? You know that in Gta 5 you can kill coyotes right? Can you name a game these days that isn't a hybrid of something? The Last Of Us was made by the same people who made Uncharted so they're allowed to do what they want with that. And Uncharted was already a form of Tomb Raider hybrid so what's the difference now?

So you DO agree with the detection/listen mode part? Because they already added that..

MrChaos said:
artur-fernand said:

Exactly. I don't want Uncharted copying other games especially when originslly it was called a TR or Gears rip off.Now that it has come into it's own franchise,making it like other games would ruin what made it great.

It was never a gears rip off. It was just that cover system that people were giving it credit to when Gears wasn't the 1st game to actually innovate that cover system.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are just alike now. Tomb Raider is more Uncharted than it is Tomb Raider. So therefore Uncharted is still Uncharted no matter what they do.

Also what I'm asking for is just a basic natural progression of these elements in the game. It's bound to happen sooner or later so why not do it now?

Also, i think it was you who said you didn't care for the Tombs in Tomb Raider.. well.. I'll say this was the case because those Tombs were over before they started. I just appreciated the fact that they atleast had SOMETHING that you could optionally explore(If you can even call it that being that they were so amall and short). I think Uncharted could pull them off

Also, all games copy each other. It's just that Sony and there games are criticised for it more than when other games do it.

Sounds to me like you just want Tomb Raider.

I would rather UC4 doesn't become the same as TR with the open map. The best parts of TR for me are the ones that resemble UC. Exploration, unlocking skills and so on is secondary in my book.

My 8th gen collection