By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The TRUE Evolution of Mario - How Far We've Come

Griffin said:
Nice video, but the series has gone down hill for me since Super mario world. Each 3D mario is worst then the last.

That post is enough reason for me to never take any future post seriously from you.  First time I've heard someone call Galaxy worse than Sunshine, and heck I loved Sunshine.

Somehow, "Fail" images or Facepalm.jpg's just don't quite cut it.

Around the Network

Also, I liked the video, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

SeriousWB said:
Griffin said:
Nice video, but the series has gone down hill for me since Super mario world. Each 3D mario is worst then the last.

That post is enough reason for me to never take any future post seriously from you. First time I've heard someone call Galaxy worse than Sunshine, and heck I loved Sunshine.

Somehow, "Fail" images or Facepalm.jpg's just don't quite cut it.

I was a bit disappointedin galaxy and I agree with what the guy in the article said, it felt a bit linear.  Mario 64 was awesome.

i'm also curious cause this is coming up on other boards - who liked sunshine and who didnt? it seems like more people just didnt like it, but i think people are too down on it and didnt give it a chance.

The video was good.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

That vid was kinda nice.

Oh, and I absolutely LOVED Sunshine! I don't understand what people find so bad about it. Actually, people's opinions about that game have gradually changed over the years. When it first came out practically everyone liked the game and it got great reviews, but then as time went on it somehow, for some reason, developed this this strange reputation as being a bad game. It got worse and worse. Nowadays, whenever there's talk about Super Mario Sunshine, it's about how terrible everything about the game was and how it is the "black sheep" of the Mario series. I find this mind boggling and utterly hypocritic. Games don't suddenly get bad. I for one adored the game, still do, and enjoyed every moment of it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

SMW was by far my favorite Mario game. It is THE reason I choose the SNES over the genesis Iniatially.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

1. No Super Mario Land

2. No Super Mario Land 2

3. No New Super Mario Bros.

4. Delete the official, pirated Doki Doki Panic, and replace it with Super Mario Bros. 2

5. Delete Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The only Mario game up there I haven't placed was super mario world. Which i'll probably go download soon.

Shissy said:
The only Mario game up there I haven't placed was super mario world. Which i'll probably go download soon.

get a walkthrough online.  Multiple paths and secrets galore; some of which are pretty involved;  Such as having to have a Blue Yoshi to fly underneath a level to pass the goalpoint (or whatever they are called) to get to the second goal point to unlock one of the star roads (or something like that).  Also all the boo houses have two ways to finish them I think.