By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sonys american Reign has ended.

coolestguyever said:
not unexpected. lol the number just came up like 3 sec ago and theres a thread already.

US is 360's home turf, thats like beating the Celtics in their Home arena. or beating the Raptors at the ACC. It doesn't happen often.
You must not be American because people in America don't think that way.  There is more overall hate for MS as a company in America than Sony or Nintendo.  Also, there are more Nintendo fanboys in America than Xbox or Playstation fanboys. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

The DS marches on. Outselling the PSP 2.5:1. It's just scary.

@coolestguyever

no he was talking about the 360

we tend to not include wii between PS3 vs 360 anymore cus everyone knows they will be thrashed...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Domo-Kun said:
But, chin up. :)

PS3 is still doing GOBS better than everyone thought it would at launch.
Besides, it's just 1 week, we'll see what happens next week. :)
The PS3 is doing much worse than people thought it would at launch.  It was expected to take the lead by now. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

@azrm

Thats alright then :D

NJ5 said:

Blu-Ray's victory is probably doing the trick. Both for movie-buffs and gamers who see increased value in the PS3 now that Blu-Ray won. The advantage seems to be eroding though, but we'll only know for sure in the next few weeks.

Personally, I believe Blu-Ray won't take off any time soon (if ever).

Remember, we're talking about a console that use to struggle just to sell 20k in a week. The HD market is not big enough for Blu-Ray to drive sells this high. With these numbers, you would think the PS3 is a price drop away from being competitive with the Wii. I just don't see the potential demand for the PS3 being that high. These numbers are simply defying all logic. Plus, the 80gig is becoming extreemly hard to find, and that outsold the 40gig on a regular basis (I think it was like 60/40 in favor of the 80gig).  Nothing is adding up!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

YEs people are REALLY ignoring the fact that

PS3 has increased OVER 200%!!

starcraft said:
MikeB said:
kingofwale said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
@kingofwale
I meant just America, not worldwide.

Remember NPD number for Jan in US? where VGC undertracked PS3 by about 80K? It outsold xbox in Jan too.

Yes according to the NPD the PS3 outsold the 360 by 60K for January (US), according to VGChartz currently they still have figures for January suggesting the 360 outsold the PS3 for North America by 62K. That's 122K worth of difference with the NPD. (for 2007 even after corrections there's still a difference of 234K with the NPD as well)

IMO wait for March NPD figures before celebrating. (The industry and this website's managers consider the the NPD to be more accurate

Shipment figures indicated that VGChartz tracked 360 and PS3 better than NPD in the USA in November and December............

I think NPD gets shipment data, AFAIK neither Sony nor Microsoft complained about NPD's figures. But sold figures are likely lower than shipment figures, but how much this depends on how many retailers had units left in stock. Microsoft has been accussed for channel stuffing before (dealers interested in selling Vista had to buy stock or so it was claimed)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ONe year ago it was

GBA VS PS3