By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will get to 10 million first, Wii U or Vita?

Simple question really.  Which do we think?  Will the Vita crawl over the line to 10 million over the next month or so or will the Wii U catch and surpass over the holiday period / early part of new year?

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network

I am still banking on the wiiU but I wouldn't be surprised of the vita makes it first though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Most likely Vita. All the games coming in 2015 will definitely help

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Vita can't sell almost 800.000 units before the WiiU sells 2.000.000 units. Vita is reaching its 5th year with only one succesful market. The WiiU, while having poor sales, has a bigger market and more system sellers. The only thing that can change that is a Monster Hunter Vita.

Also, neither of them will reach the 10m this holydays.

EDIT: I know I messed up, Vita appeared in 2011. I was sleepy and wrote a wrong year XD.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It's going to be close being the Vita only needs to sell .8 million to reach 10 mill and the Wii U needs to sell 2.1 mill, but even if the Vita does get to 10 first it will still be overtaken in sales next year.

Around the Network

Yeah I had to check the 5 year thing as well! I thought that was a fair ways out myself.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Wii U. Vita didn't even sell 100k on BLACK FRIDAY. Even if it does sell say 100k the rest of the year it won't reach it and January will be rough for it. I think Wii U will at least have a 50k baseline come the new year

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Probably Wii U. Vita didn't even sell 100k durimg Black Friday. Wii U sold almost 400k.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

I'd say the Wii U. I think it'll have great sales this christmas and hopefully in the new year too.

]

Wii U, as many have said, Vita could not even pull 100k on black friday while Wii U did almost 400k, also Vita only has one market where it is doing decent in, but even there 3DS destroys Vita