By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you figure will be the first non-Smash amiibo?

What do you figure will be the first non-Smash amiibo? Meaning a character that isn't a playable character Smash

I figure one of these:

-Captain Toad

-Dixie Kong

-Cranky Kong

-Funky Kong

-One of the Wonderful Ones (TW101 WiiU)

-Bayonetta

-Chrom

-Roy

-Ivan (Devil's Third)

-Rayman

-Tails

-Knuckles

The Kongs and TW101 make good candidates as you do happen to collect figurines of characters in the game -- which kind of tips a hat towards many internal Nintendo developers knowing about Amiibo for a long time before it was confirmed for Smash

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Every single pokemon except for the ones in smash

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Man i cant even remember if sonic is in smash? If he isbt then he's the first. Otherwise rayman

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Every single pokemon that is not except for the ones in smash

How could I have forgetten all the pokemon? Now I need 3-7 variants of Squirtle for my very own Squirtle Squad!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Every single pokemon that is not except for the ones in smash

The Luvdisk and Magikarp amiibos will sell out fast I tell you!

Around the Network
dyremose said:
Man i cant even remember if sonic is in smash? If he isbt then he's the first. Otherwise rayman

Sonic is in Smash. 3rd wave Amiibo

mZuzek said:

I dunno, I can't think of them doing non-Smash characters as of right now, since the amiibo themselves are so related to Smash. They even have the Smash logo on them.

Edit: and I don't think they'd make amiibo for other games if they didn't plan on making decent use of them. And so far, the only game to make better use than "some bonuses just in case you have them" is Smash.

pokemon amiibo cards... Booom!

mZuzek said:

I dunno, I can't think of them doing non-Smash characters as of right now, since the amiibo themselves are so related to Smash. They even have the Smash logo on them.

Edit: and I don't think they'd make amiibo for other games if they didn't plan on making decent use of them. And so far, the only game to make better use than "some bonuses just in case you have them" is Smash.

I figure we'll get some kind of update that allows multiple game 'saves' per amiibo by end of 2015

Next big Amiibo intensive game probably would be Animal Crossing U, so by that logic: Isabelle could be first in line after all the Smash Amiibo are released!

tbone51 said:
mZuzek said:

pokemon amiibo cards... Booom!

Or how about a Pokeball amiibo that you can sync one of your Pokemon's data to, open it near the GamePad to use it?

im gonna say Captain Toad

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick