By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Won’t Run@60FPS Because Of Technical Limitations

TheGoldenBoy said:
Also, at least they aren't giving the bullshit "cinematic" excuse.

Yeah, i can't help but groan when a developer gives that excuse. I don't mind a developer choosing 30fps over 60fps in favor of a better realized world, in-fact i often welcome it, but please don't treat us like idiots. Everyone and their dog knows that game development is all about compromises; even on PC.

Around the Network

The game looks nice. I'll be glad with a solid 30 fps. The slprevious soul games has choppy framerates to begin with. Can sony help them with their technical issues???

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

should have made it on the wii u. would have had a better shot at 60 fps locked. also would be guaranteed to have functional online. haha

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus.

At least they don't have to downscale the resolution as well for the game to run.

Zekkyou said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Also, at least they aren't giving the bullshit "cinematic" excuse.

Yeah, i can't help but groan when a developer gives that excuse. I don't mind a developer choosing 30fps over 60fps in favor of a better realized world, in-fact i often welcome it, but please don't treat us like idiots. Everyone and their dog knows that game development is all about compromises; even on PC.

Completely agree. They just need a locked frame rate. It's like you said, if they want to make a better world by using a lower FPS, that's perfecly fine, just make sure that it's locked and don't treat us like ignorant morons with shitty excuses like "cinematic" gameplay.

Around the Network
RubberWhistleHistle said:
should have made it on the wii u. would have had a better shot at 60 fps locked. also would be guaranteed to have functional online. haha

This is what would happen to your Wii U if you tried playing Bloodbourne at 60 fps on it.

I never believed it would reach 60fps, tbh. Games not running at 60fps is always because of technical limitations.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

This is what would happen to your Wii U if you tried playing Bloodbourne at 60 fps on it.

well.. at least the online would work

walsufnir said:
I never believed it would reach 60fps, tbh. Games not running at 60fps is always because of technical limitations.

Didn't they say a long time ago that they were targeting 30 FPS? I don't once remember them even mentioning 60 FPS.

wow, looks like only Nintendo are delivering the 60fps joy, lately it looks like it's the only one delivering on online as well

Anyway BB does look nice in screenshots