By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Won’t Run@60FPS Because Of Technical Limitations

curl-6 said:
Sentient_Nebula said:
On a similar note, I'm also sad that Uncharted 4 got downgraded to 30 fps... That 60fps trailer was so nice!

So it's official is it?

Called it; 1080p/60fps would have undermined the graphical spectacle UC is famous for.

The trailer is indeed 30fps but they havent confirmed it will be 30fps. Its still almost a year out from release, its likely they locked it at 30fps for the trailer so it wasnt too choppy. Im sure they are still aiming for 60fps but I guess we will see closer to launch.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Sentient_Nebula said:
On a similar note, I'm also sad that Uncharted 4 got downgraded to 30 fps... That 60fps trailer was so nice!

So it's official is it?

Called it; 1080p/60fps would have undermined the graphical spectacle UC is famous for.

I don't think it's official. At least I never saw anything about it being locked to 30 FPS.

Hmm the last time I needed 60fps to play a third person action adventure game was... NEVER.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
At least they aren't making some bullshit excuse about cinematic nonsense

Considering you like anime, 12fps should be enough for motion :)
Imagine how good the game could look running at 12 fps!

Don't care. Getting real sick about this 60 fps talk in games so much lately. I actually like 30 fps more for my single player games and I want it to stay that way.

Around the Network

i wasnt expecting 60FPS all i want is a solid 30FPS, is 60 better? of course it is but afte knowing that From was having problems with the Framerate all i want is a Stable framerate, and a stable 30 would be ideal.

HBninjaX said:

This is why console exclusives suck. It's holding back gaming. If I could play Bloodborne on a PC it wouldn't be stuck at 30 FPS.  

Muh console wars

If anything is holding back gaming it's people like you. Caring more about extra fps instead of the actual game/gameplay itself holds back gaming far more than anything else ever could. 

curl-6 said:
Sentient_Nebula said:

So it's official is it?

Considering they already have it running at a stable 1080p/30fps so far from launch, i'd say there's still a good chance they're targeting 60fps. That or we're going to see some pretty significant upgrades from now until launch.

I'd personally prefer they concentrating on making the visuals and set pieces as crazy as possible (though it's already pretty damn stunning *cries in joy at all the foliage*), but i feel like a variable 60fps is more likely right now. No way in hell they'll lock it though; that would be a colossal waste of resources for a game like Uncharted.

I think 40~50fps is enough for a ACT game

Also, at least they aren't giving the bullshit "cinematic" excuse.