By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edit: Anita Sarkeesian is not helping with the development of Mirrors Edge; Rejoice!

LudicrousSpeed said:
Damn she is playing this role amazingly well. Must be making shitloads of money.

Not getting paid for it, just beeing covered for any expenses

Around the Network

Who is this person and why should I care?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Why don't she uses her supposed influence to make Fifa woman 2016, NBWA 2016, and others?

I certainly see a reason to complain why there isn't more female sport games than others genre that we have no proeminente women to base on.

Maybe we should complain and ban mirror's edge because it portrays men as corrupt, abusive, cowards, etc.

@Ludicrous, will you buy super defense force for ps4?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I really don't see her contributing much to anything with regards to game development. It's more likely EA brought her on board, or more specifically, someone with some clout within the development team, for promotional purposes in the interest as promoting Mirror's Edge as a positive, feminist friendly game.

The thing is, it's completely unnecessary; the original Mirror's Edge already did that. It just didn't find a large enough audience to warrant the immediate creation of a franchise the way EA wanted.

It's shifty and panders to a self-professed progressionism (not a real word) that video games really don't need to legitimize the medium.

But for what it's worth, having her receiving a paycheck and a developer's credit won't likely have any effect on the game itself, barring an idea or two that may make it through the development process.

You guys afraid your male chauvinistic ways can get hurt by 1 person having input into a game? Considering there are no doubt 50 or more people working on the game, her voice is not a big one.

Get over yourselves. A petition is just childish, regardless of her 'scewed' perspective.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I don't see the problem with it. Anita really nose a lot!

This is stupid and dumb. I curse all who agree to this. Please feel pain and suffering. Then sleep and feel better the next day. But please remember that you were dumb yesterday.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Nothing against female developers or women in general, but I really, really loathe this woman as a human being (not as a woman). In fact, pretty much every radical feminist because it's not about equality anymore, their arguments suck anyway, and they're the most aggressive single group I think I've ever seen.

Not signing though, she shouldn't be able to damage the game too much and if she can, it'll be EA's problem first and foremost.

curl-6 said:
fireburn95 said:

Gamers aren't sexist, gamers are inclusive, as they have been for years now.

I don't know about that; we're certainly not all sexist, but the dudebro crowd, who make up a large portion of the market these days, has a toxic and deeply entrenched "make me a sandwich, slut" mentality.

Careful with that brush, you're getting tar everywhere.

Tamron said:
curl-6 said:
fireburn95 said:

Gamers aren't sexist, gamers are inclusive, as they have been for years now.

I don't know about that; we're certainly not all sexist, but the dudebro crowd, who make up a large portion of the market these days, has a toxic and deeply entrenched "make me a sandwich, slut" mentality.

Careful with that brush, you're getting tar everywhere.

I didnt even bother replying to that, a very ridiculously worded comment.

How many people here on vgchartz have degraded women to that level and said they are only good for making sandwiches?

Not many iirc