By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2014 Season College Football Playoff

Goodness but the SEC West got exposed big time.

I still think TCU should have been there instead of OSU but I'll take the results. For whatever reason, FSU isn't as good this year as last year; they didn't really deserve to be there based on their play but it's also hard to argue with their record.

The ACC seems to be (maybe) on the rise.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Goodness but the SEC West got exposed big time.

I still think TCU should have been there instead of OSU but I'll take the results. For whatever reason, FSU isn't as good this year as last year; they didn't really deserve to be there based on their play but it's also hard to argue with their record.

The ACC seems to be (maybe) on the rise.

OSU is a better team, they play in a better conference and they have a better coach.  FSU was highly overrated they easily should have lost at least a couple regular season games.

Didn't expect OSU to dominate that much.

Hopefully the Titans will go for Winston in the draft...

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

alternine said:

Nah, Winston will be a bust might as well call him RGIV already.

Around the Network

I missed this thread. Being a Canes fan I didn't want FSU to win and "The Call" from 2002 keeps me from pulling for OSU. I also feel the SEC is highly overrated (even though they probably are the best conference) so I was happy to see Alabama lose. That left me with Oregon.

Congrats to OSU.

I think the playoff was succesful in its first year. The national championship would have been played between Alabama and Florida State under the BCS format and they were both knocked out under the playoff.

Ezekiel Elliott is going to rocket up 2016 mock draft boards with his postseason performance. The first guy never brought him down. Definitely deserving of the MVP.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

BraveNewWorld said:

Congrats to OSU.

I think the playoff was succesful in its first year. The national championship would have been played between Alabama and Florida State under the BCS format and they were both knocked out under the playoff.

Ezekiel Elliott is going to rocket up 2016 mock draft boards with his postseason performance. The first guy never brought him down. Definitely deserving of the MVP.

OSU has a pretty good track record when it comes to producing RB for the NFL.

alternine said:

As a Titans fan myself, I really hope Mariota drops to #2...I'd much rather see him a Titan than Winston. 

Well I was pulling for Oregon tonight....But I'm quite happy with Ohio State winning...at least it wasn't Alabama or Florida. Fuck Nick Saban, and fuck Florida sports in general for no real good reason lol.