By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Cyber Attack Casts Microsoft In A Bad Light

http://wallstreetpr.com/sony-corp-adr-nysesne-cyber-attack-casts-microsoft-corporation-nasdaqmsft-in-a-bad-light-34439

Only Windows computers were compromised. Macs were left untouched.

So who do we blame here? Sony, the victim? The hackers? Or Microsoft?

I think the blame here lies with each of them. Sony for being cheap and buying Windows computers instead of Mac. The hackers for attacking Sony and Microsoft for having a vulnerable operating system.

Discuss.

Around the Network

OH,i tech....!I hope that the discussion of the topic will be peaceful.

iTechHeads said:

http://wallstreetpr.com/sony-corp-adr-nysesne-cyber-attack-casts-microsoft-corporation-nasdaqmsft-in-a-bad-light-34439

Only Windows computers were compromised. Macs were left untouched.

So who do we blame here? Sony, the victim? The hackers? Or Microsoft?

I think the blame here lies with each of them. Sony for being cheap and buying Windows computers instead of Mac. The hackers for attacking Sony and Microsoft for having a vulnerable operating system.

Discuss.

Oh if only it were this simple.

tak13 said:

OH,i tech....!I hope that the discussion of the topic will be peaceful.

Don't shoot the messenger! I'm only relaying the info from the article. I think it's worth discussing.

Wouldn't it be Apple's fault then? Cause I mean... The macs were left untouched seems pretty fishy to me! For all we know, it was Apple that did it! Them and their hipster hackers!

Oh and news flash, Macs also have a ton of viruses!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

This is an absurd proposition tbh. And the thread title is equally absurd. Sorry.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wouldn't it be Apple's fault then? Cause I mean... The macs were left untouched seems pretty fishy to me! For all we know, it was Apple that did it!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhah!yeah,I agree!Apple is responsible for all,even for the greenhouse effect.:P

I just blame the hackers for hacking. It make little sense to blame the targets of it. America in general should bolster it's defenses to hacking. Everything is pretty much vulnerable.

Oh, come on. Sony buy whatever OS suits them best. Windows just happens to be near universal. Should Windows be safer? Perhaps, but that's difficult when all the hackers attack your OS.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomgara/sony-hack
"The roughly 40GB of company information now available online sat on company servers without encryption, with a vast majority of the sensitive personal and financial files containing no password protection. Currently, the stolen data trove is available to download, potentially placing the information in the hands of any hacker, scammer, criminal, media organization, or curious citizen who knows their way around a torrent file."