By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistically, what is the biggest franchise that Microsoft can buy out that would give them first place in console sales?

CDiablo said:
Other than the Mario universe, nothing. They could literally buy every Sony IP and Sony fans would find a reason to turn on all those franchises.

Pretty much this.  ^^^^

M$ would nned to buy Nintendo outright.  Considering lead times to create games, they wouldn't be able to change the course of this gen anyway.  But, next gen would be a lot more interesting though....

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Maybe a combination of FIFA, MADDEN, GTA, and Elder Scrolls. That should do it.

Nothing, it will need some virtual sex machine shit or holodeck type of stuff to make it all by itself.

Pointless thread, it will never happen

GTAexpert said:
HylianSwordsman said:
DonFerrari said:
HylianSwordsman said:
GTA doesn't need to be yearly. Buy that out, and within a single game release they'll get their investment back and enough beyond that to make the entire generation profitable on that title alone. Two titles and no one would be able to dispute the profitability of the Xbox brand ever again.

Yeah, sure. Because Rockstar would totally sell GTA franchise for the price of one iteration's profit.

I think they would. The company could be bought out for less, if it were for sale. I mean they bought Mojang for a couple of billion, when it's produced a hell of a lot more profit than that with Minecraft.

Minecraft made less than a billion.

If you say so...

Around the Network

Fifa. Dat Euro salez.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

HylianSwordsman said:
DonFerrari said:
HylianSwordsman said:
GTA doesn't need to be yearly. Buy that out, and within a single game release they'll get their investment back and enough beyond that to make the entire generation profitable on that title alone. Two titles and no one would be able to dispute the profitability of the Xbox brand ever again.

Yeah, sure. Because Rockstar would totally sell GTA franchise for the price of one iteration's profit.

I think they would. The company could be bought out for less, if it were for sale. I mean they bought Mojang for a couple of billion, when it's produced a hell of a lot more profit than that with Minecraft.

You sure bro? For the retail price it probably would need 150-250M sales to profit (not gross) 2.5B. They paid a lot over the marketcap and profits made. And mojang is a one hit wonder so after collecting basically 90% of the profits made by minecraft the buyer will get only the residual of it) plus 2.5B it is a no brainer since the next games are no way certain of making 2.5B sum.

While Rockstar is sure to at least sell 20M for next GTA and like 30 for the later so selling the franchise for the price of one iteration profit is dumb.

And even if MS bought it who would dev it (first party only) if MS don't have any studio with r* level?? Because if they had they would have deved it in house.

Halo post bungie lost a lot, rare is a shadow of itself, let's see gears.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GTA6 xbox exclusive therefore no PS4 or PC port would make the xbox one sell as many consoles as PS4 from then on, COD, mario, FIFA whatever are just not big enough it has to be GTA
Its not going to happen though