By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is "Nintendo" used as a qualifier for games?

TL;DR?

white knight harder, OP 32 33.33%

what's a Nintendo 17 17.71%

I prefer Ouya games myself 17 17.71%

heard you were talkin shi... 30 31.25%

Total:96

I think its fairly obvious that Nintendo makes the most purely quality games around; partially because they have to (especially for the last 10 years or so of mediocre 3rd party support) but also partially because they have more of a history to live up to than the other big gaming brands

lets bear in mind though- Nintendo may be the bar for quality in the industry but that comes at a cost; i.e. a slow production of games. I think we had months there where only one Wii U game of quality was being released at a time

don't mix it up though- people can respect Nintendo's games for their polish but still not like them. after all, there is a certain style and approach to these games that is not for the gritty or violence enthusiastic gamer

respect doesn't equal like

Around the Network
exdeath said:

One thing I love about Nintendo  games is they are still VIDEO GAMES and they are FUN and aren't trying to be reality simulators.  They remind me how video games used to be when they were still video games.

Damn right!  I was reading A Game of Thrones and I was like, this isn't a real FANTASY NOVEL, not like The Hobbit.  Fantasy novels should have Orcs and Elves and stuff.  You can't do things differently.  Different is bad.  When will people realize that?  A Game of Thrones is all gritty and realistic, that's not a FANTASY NOVEL at all.  It should never have been written and anyone who enjoys it is wrong.

All video games should be the same, based on the models of older games.  It really pisses me off that people dare play anything different.  Those aren't REAL GAMES, people!  Stop having fun playing them this instant!

pokoko said:
exdeath said:

One thing I love about Nintendo  games is they are still VIDEO GAMES and they are FUN and aren't trying to be reality simulators.  They remind me how video games used to be when they were still video games.

Damn right!  I was reading A Game of Thrones and I was like, this isn't a real FANTASY NOVEL, not like The Hobbit.  Fantasy novels should have Orcs and Elves and stuff.  You can't do things differently.  Different is bad.  When will people realize that?  A Game of Thrones is all gritty and realistic, that's not a FANTASY NOVEL at all.  It should never have been written and anyone who enjoys it is wrong.

All video games should be the same, based on the models of older games.  It really pisses me off that people dare play anything different.  Those aren't REAL GAMES, people!  Stop having fun playing them this instant!

GoT is light on the fantasy side (at least the séries, still starting the books). But I agree with everything you said and it meets what I said about fans accepting complementa on being "Nintendo game" but don't accept the bad side of the coin.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

pokoko said:
exdeath said:

Completely agree. Frankly, i find it quite insulting that people have the audacity to enjoy things outside of my personal conditions for fun. Before you know it they're going to want me to recognize them as unique individuals. Can you imagine that? Individuals other than me!