By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Terminator Genisys aka Terminator 5 Official trailer shown

?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 16 48.48%

noooooooooooooooooooo 1 3.03%

Nope 4 12.12%

nope 3 9.09%

I'll be erased. 9 27.27%

Total:33
Dallinor said:
I thought the whole idea is you can't stop judgement day from happening.

Anyway, it's a little better than the initial teaser. The terminator fighting himself will certainly be interesting and it looks like it's going to be action-packed. Just wish the CGI effects (what's up with the T1000's with stumpy hand blades?) were a little more on point, and I have a feeling the plot is going to be a little confusing and clash endlessly with previous releases.

Man, I wish James Cameron would take the reins again.

You cant stop it correct. But the machines can go back in time and kill the people that give your team the chance to win (John leader of the humans, Sarah his mom, Kyle John's papa) and thats what this film seems to be going for, again..

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Around the Network

oh my god this looks terrible

I love Arnold but there comes a point where you've got to accept that it's time to take off your boots and puts them in the closet
at least definitely in terms of playing a robot

what's the saddest thing is that Terminator 2 CGI looks better than what's in this trailer! the morphing Terminator, robot parts, etc.

CGI is becoming too relied on these days. you have to have the right mix of practical effects and animation for it look real

mega disappointed, from T3 to Salvation to this this franchise is being killed one step at a time

mountaindewslave said:

I love Arnold but there comes a point where you've got to accept that it's time to take off your boots and puts them in the closet
at least definitely in terms of playing a robot.

His last few films have not been that bad (last stand, escape plan, sabotage). He still has a life in films i believe. Obviously sometimes this one just needed better people behind it.

Coffee is for closers!

Looks halfway decent should be better then Terminator Salvation and maybe not quite as good as Terminator 3.

JamaicameCRAZY said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
That arm looks terrible. When was the last time he lifted some weights?

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/537682843510767617/photo/1

I get the joke. But Arnold is HUGE still, he's also 66 so its incredible. 

OT. I am not to excited about the movie. I suspect that the series will still decline since they have been swapping out characters all over the place (Furlong, Stahl, Bale, now Jason Clarke). I think they did a great job on the casting of Sarah Connor, i think they did an awful job with Kyle Reese. Jai Courtney was bad in Divergent and terrible in Die hard and now this movie seems really focused on him. CGI eh there is still time its early. People complaining about there being to much CGI terminator has been heavy CGI since James Cameron left it so i dont get the complaints now. The director is the same guy that did Thor Dark World which had some pretty big plot holes/bonehead decisions. So i see this having it share of them too. 

I wish they would go at terminator from a postapocalyptic/desperate humans last stand kinda angle. I know Terminator salvation tried this but that again had a crap director. I wish they'd also stop trying to redo characters. Just seems like name dropping at this point Kyle Reese is just not needed seems like they are bringing him back to just name drop. Im sure there is a bunch of people from the future that have a big impact on the war besides a couple of people they keep reusing. 

How come the cgi didn't translate his arm?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

That was extremely disappointing. It just doesn't look good at all.

bold prediction: people will accept this more than starwars

This looks great to me. And I love the first two terminator films.

This looked fantastic. Im ready

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
That arm looks terrible. When was the last time he lifted some weights?

How come the cgi didn't translate his arm?

I blame north korea.

Coffee is for closers!