By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

naznatips said:
Griffin said:
All you guys complaining about the graphics score can you provide a list of games that scored better for graphics.

(this isn't sarcastic) thanks for at least trying to find out more before attacking people's complaints Griffin. Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are the two games that have been rated higher, both given 9.5s.

Other games that have tied with it: Twilight Princess 8.5, Zack & Wiki 8.5.

Giving MP3 a 9.5 seems pretty high, i have played the game it i don't think it looks alot better then its GC version. I'm not going tocomment on the SMG score since i hated the game. But giving it the same score as Z&W seems odd, since brawl looks alot better. I also thougt TP looked very good, i played some of the levels on the GC version.

But based on these ratings i went looking on IGN at some PS3 reviews, uncharted got a 9.5 for sound, but the Aussie IGN site gave it an 8 for sound. While the new MLB game only got an 8.5 for graphics when it is the best looking sports game on any console. Plus they gave a 9 to uncharted for graphics when it is the best looking game on a console next to UT3. But they gave DMC4 a 9.5 for grapgics when it does not even come close to those games for graphics.

Plus they gave an 8 to lair for sound when the game has won awards for its great musical score. So it looks like no matter the system or game they screw things up. Now i can see why you guys are up in arms at the 8.5 they gave brawl for graphics. And CoD4 looks like trash but it got graphics of the year at GT.

But if they raised the graphics they would need to lower the lasting appeal or the sound, no game deserves a 10 for anything. 

Around the Network

Here's a more zoomed-out pic...the problem is the game takes away the damage indicators and whatnot when you take a screenshot... 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

You guys should see how Metroid Prime 3 looks on my TV. It's a 32'' CRT which supports 480p natively (through component cables as well as HDMI). Looks much better than that screenshot.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

windbane said:
Btw, I love how they gave the game a 9.5 but you guys are annoyed that they gave the graphics a lower score than you want. How about you play the game before you judge? On second thought, that probably wouldn't make a difference...

I've played the game for more than 6 hours on the import copy of a friend... I love how you assume no one here knows what they are talking about.

more:

And no, the screenshots don't even come close to doing it justice after you've played it on a 42" Plasma. 

and also the bin2jpg converter makes the corners of the models more jagged, i've noticed, then what it comes up like in the screen on the wii

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

You guys should see how Metroid Prime 3 looks on my TV. It's a 32'' CRT which supports 480p natively (through component cables as well as HDMI). Looks much better than that screenshot.

I should play it on a CRT, then, because it looks kinda bad on my 61" TV.  I've been playing it all weekend. 

They said it lacked detail in some areas. Probably referring to the classic stages from melee, which didn't get a graphical update at all.

Honestly who cares. I don't see any purpose in bitching about review scores. Its just pathetic.

BenKenobi88 said:

Here's a more zoomed-out pic...the problem is the game takes away the damage indicators and whatnot when you take a screenshot...

Ok, fine.  Until I play the game, I will admit that that screenshot looks pretty good compared to other Wii games.  Do you have a similar screenshot Melee to compare? 

naznatips said:
windbane said:
Btw, I love how they gave the game a 9.5 but you guys are annoyed that they gave the graphics a lower score than you want. How about you play the game before you judge? On second thought, that probably wouldn't make a difference...

I've played the game for more than 6 hours on the import copy of a friend... I love how you assume no one here knows what they are talking about.

more:

And no, the screenshots don't even come close to doing it justice after you've played it on a 42" Plasma.

I'm glad you have played it.  I wonder how many others that are complaining have.  I'll play it next week so I'll be able to compare then if I can borrow or rent Melee as well.  If you have a screenshot of Melee that'd be nice.  That screen looks nice. 

--OkeyDokey-- said:
They said it lacked detail in some areas. Probably referring to the classic stages from melee, which didn't get a graphical update at all.

Honestly who cares. I don't see any purpose in bitching about review scores. Its just pathetic.

I agree.