By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will MCC be the best Halo game once all the issues are fixed?

Will it?

Yes 52 39.39%

No 34 25.76%

Halo is meh 30 22.73%

See Results 16 12.12%

Total:132

It is a collection... you can't put it in the best Halo list because it is not a game but 4 games.

Around the Network

Is this a Joke?

We should start asking for more guys... not rushed rubbish... a game that needs 343 fixes cannot be a good game ever.

if so, these companies will never respect us. They will just keep releasing unfinished, rushed games/collections...

making money when they want, fixing when they want.

343 fixes for an AAAAA+A game = flop!

Switch!!!

This is like asking whether The Sly collection is better than 1 or 2 or 3.

Note: This is not counting the Sly 4.

VanceIX said:

Do you believe that MCC will be the top Halo game to own once 343 fixes all the issues? Personally, I think so. I blame them for messing up the launch, but it is much better today and gets better every week. Unlike certain games (Destiny, Unity) I think this is a very salvageable project. 

Should reviews also change to reflect improvement? Many reviewers changed their score when the online issues started, should those reviewers change back once they are completely fixed? I think that if you already changed once, you are obligated to change the score if it improves, but that's just me. The reviewers that waited have no obligations to change any review, but those that flip-flopped are obligated to continue to do so, imo.

I'm loving the collection, but that's just me. 

Edit: This is not counting Halo 5

Why are people bringing Destiny into this discussion?? Destiny was playable DAY ONE. Any game mode with full balanced teams. MCC is no where near Destiny in terms of being playable. 

manny10032 said:
VanceIX said:

Do you believe that MCC will be the top Halo game to own once 343 fixes all the issues? Personally, I think so. I blame them for messing up the launch, but it is much better today and gets better every week. Unlike certain games (Destiny, Unity) I think this is a very salvageable project. 

Should reviews also change to reflect improvement? Many reviewers changed their score when the online issues started, should those reviewers change back once they are completely fixed? I think that if you already changed once, you are obligated to change the score if it improves, but that's just me. The reviewers that waited have no obligations to change any review, but those that flip-flopped are obligated to continue to do so, imo.

I'm loving the collection, but that's just me. 

Edit: This is not counting Halo 5

Why are people bringing Destiny into this discussion?? Destiny was playable DAY ONE. Any game mode with full balanced teams. MCC is no where near Destiny in terms of being playable. 

Destiny was pretty buggy day 1, and the crucible mose is downright pitiful compared to MCC multiplayer. Once the issues are fixed (and they mostly are), I think it'll be no competition.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:

Did the Sly collection have a completely revamped multiplayer? Did it have more than just remasters? I'm pretty sure it didn't.

MCC has a brand-new multiplayer experience (more maps than ever before, with the balancing and such much more tweaked). That alone makes it a brand-new game, in my eyes at least. If you don't agree, that's fine, and why I included more options than just "yes" in the poll.

Hasn't the damage already been done? Launch is extremely important for an online-focused game.
How many people do you think are waiting for 343 to fix the game? If it was me, I would have just moved on to Advanced Warfare or gone back to Destiny.

VanceIX said:
michael_stutzer said:

Did the Sly collection have a completely revamped multiplayer? Did it have more than just remasters? I'm pretty sure it didn't.

MCC has a brand-new multiplayer experience (more maps than ever before, with the balancing and such much more tweaked). That alone makes it a brand-new game, in my eyes at least. If you don't agree, that's fine, and why I included more options than just "yes" in the poll.

I don't think you are aware of what you are asking. The fact that Halo had a revamped multiplayer only strengthtens my point.

michael_stutzer said:
VanceIX said:
michael_stutzer said:

I don't think you are aware of what you are asking. The fact that Halo had a revamped multiplayer only strengthtens my point.

I don't see how, but to each his own.

For people that never played any game of the series and own an XBOne it's most obviously the best choice. For people having played most or all the original versions of the games it includes it's quite redundant. For people having already played few games of the series, it depends, they should decide how much they want to play the remaining games included and if they are worth the price, totally subjective.
For die-hard graphics whores that are also fans of the series, definitely yes in any case (until a new compilation with 9th gen graphics arrives ).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!